UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Mobeer -> UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/1/2009 7:52:29 PM)

The Matrix Store says that UK VAT will be charged at 17.5% when viewing the Shopping Cart. This rate has been reduced by the government (more than a month ago) to 15%. Can Matrix Games confirm that VAT will actually be charged at 15%?

sprior -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/3/2009 7:15:43 PM)

Bump

sprior -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/5/2009 4:01:50 PM)

Bump, bump.

Erik Rutins -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/6/2009 5:00:51 PM)

Please note that this is not an official support area, so replies can be delayed significantly if you post here. With that said, thanks for the heads up.

I checked on this and the text in the store was not updated when the rate was, but the rate itself was correctly updated. I've asked for the text to be updated. If you actually place an order though, you'll see that the 15% rate is used, not the 17.5% and that's been the case since the official rate change.

Regards,

- Erik

sprior -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/7/2009 8:16:50 AM)

Thanks Erik.

Mobeer -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/7/2009 10:49:42 PM)

I see the web page is updated - thanks. I did check the VAT charged using Excel for my order - came out correct.

milkweg -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/20/2009 12:30:58 PM)

Does matrixgames collect the tax from a U.S. site and send it to the UK government or what? Haha...our Government in Canada has no such set up so we don't have to pay tax when purchasing from the U.S., although; there have been a few American online sites who tried to scam Canadians by charging GST anyway and pocketing it for themselves.

Erik Rutins -> RE: UK VAT rate in Matrix Store (1/20/2009 12:57:07 PM)

Digital River does collect the VAT and send it to the government, yep.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02