Games I would Love to see Matrix do (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Phatguy -> Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/27/2008 9:28:31 PM)

Something akin to a single player(solitaire) WW2 sub game. The game mechanics couldnt be too difficult.. Not that I would know because I couldnt program my way out of a paper bag but dont seem as difficult as say Eagle Day. There is only so much a convoy could do from an AI point.

Second choice would be something like Patton's Best, the old AH game.Bit more difficult to work thru but still doable..

GJK -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/27/2008 11:09:25 PM)

A port of Compass Games' "Silent War" would be neat to see.

A computer version of "Patton's Best" wouldn't be too difficult actually, I started to make a web-based version of it but only got so far into it before other projects came up. I started to think that it wouldn't be terribly exciting as it would of just been a bunch of menu-driven decision making.

SuluSea -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/27/2008 11:53:29 PM)

I would love Silent War. HPS Tsushima, Jutland and Guadalcanal. Preferably Guadalcanal.[:)]

mikul82 -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 1:11:48 AM)

I'd still like to see a remake, or even just up to date and working on WinXP/Vista in a higher resolution version of Age of Rifles. 

I'd also like to see an ancient period game using a similar "orders" system to the Take Command games.  Having a main battle plan already set, and requiring the player to use messengers to change those orders mid-battle, etc.

Phatguy -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 1:41:20 AM)

I was thinking Silent War but only seen it. I dont own it yet..Maybe Christmas

killroyishere -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 2:04:15 AM)

quote:

I'd also like to see an ancient period game using a similar "orders" system to the Take Command games.  Having a main battle plan already set, and requiring the player to use messengers to change those orders mid-battle, etc.

I 2nd the motion for this type of game. It is a shame Madminute is no more. 2nd Manassas is a game I play more than any other computer wargame now. I love the open play game and I don't find the AI wanting as I win sometimes and I lose sometimes. As far as I'm concerned Madminute made the ultimate wargame in real time nothing else comes close imho. It is one of the first real time games that one can play and watch and enjoy the battle at the same time.

33Vyper -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 2:48:52 AM)

war game = GNBNA or JUTLAND
other genre = remake MOO

2ndACR -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 3:19:43 AM)

If you like an open ended civil war game......I will recommend Forge of Freedom from right here at Matrix.

I have found the AI throws me alot of curve balls. Still not match for a human, but it does keep me on my toes at times.

But I would love to see Age of Rifles remade or even just ported over somehow.

Perturabo -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 4:26:05 AM)

A Death Camp Tycoon.

Phatguy -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 4:35:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

A Death Camp Tycoon.

Interesting....insane..but interesting....

I'm gonna move out of the way of the barbs and slings that should be flying in Pert's general direction

sabre1 -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 4:54:57 AM)

+1 33 Vyper

Simulation: Tornado TDO, still has the best mission planning tool period.

Age of Rifles is always just a given.

BoredStiff -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 6:41:07 AM)

quote:

RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do

This one

[image]http://i34.tinypic.com/27zvz21.gif[/image]

Greybriar -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 6:52:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

....Age of Rifles is always just a given.

Age of Rifles gets my vote, too.

ilovestrategy -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 9:12:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

....Age of Rifles is always just a given.

Age of Rifles gets my vote, too.

You guys beat me to the punch. That was the first thought that came into my head.

105mm Howitzer -> RE: Games I would Love to see Matrix do (10/28/2008 1:45:48 PM)

Global War, by SPI. ( ya I know, plenty of others out there, but that's a sentimental favorite of mine)
And another vote for "other genre" : MOO.
SO get crackin' and start developin'

Canoerebel -> Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 2:09:25 PM)

Avalon Hill's Advanced Third Reich is the best game I've ever played.  Matrix's War in the Pacific is second best.  Matrix has acquired rights or partnered with many other entities to bring back to life a heck of alot of games.  The day they acquire rights to A3R will be a day of rejoicing.  Then they can also do the Pacific component (Empire of the Rising Sun, I think) and the combo (Global War Y2k).

HansBolter -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 2:17:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Avalon Hill's Advanced Third Reich is the best game I've ever played.  Matrix's War in the Pacific is second best.  Matrix has acquired rights or partnered with many other entities to bring back to life a heck of alot of games.  The day they acquire rights to A3R will be a day of rejoicing.  Then they can also do the Pacific component (Empire of the Rising Sun, I think) and the combo (Global War Y2k).

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

My local group of boardgame buddies and I played and overplayed every edition of TR right for the release of the first edition.

We got on board the playtesting train and spent 2.5 years playtesting and suggesting rules changes, even managing to get our names published in the design credits. Merrill Wright (me) Eugene Harvey and Jim Moir were the Tampa Bay Area playtest cell. After it was finally published we traveled to AvalonCon that year and competed in an ATR tournament with me and Jim teaming up against Bruce Harper (lead designer) and Conrad Struckman (another designer).

Great Times!

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 3:29:33 PM)

An updated Age of Rifles gets my vote, too. That seems to be the only place to be able to find some Boer War scenarios. 

sol_invictus -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 3:49:01 PM)

Yep, Age of Rifles would be great.

Canoerebel -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 4:00:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

My local group of boardgame buddies and I played and overplayed every edition of TR right for the release of the first edition.

We got on board the playtesting train and spent 2.5 years playtesting and suggesting rules changes, even managing to get our names published in the design credits. Merrill Wright (me) Eugene Harvey and Jim Moir were the Tampa Bay Area playtest cell. After it was finally published we traveled to AvalonCon that year and competed in an ATR tournament with me and Jim teaming up against Bruce Harper (lead designer) and Conrad Struckman (another designer).

Great Times!

There used to be a committed group that played A3R via email. You could download a digital version of the game, make your moves, send to a website for die rolls, and then send everything to your opponent. There were perhaps 50 of us who participated regularly - my main opponents were in Michigan and California. I don't know if that group is operational any more. I doubt it, but I'll see if I can find anything.

HansBolter -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 4:12:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

Great Times!

There used to be a committed group that played A3R via email. You could download a digital version of the game, make your moves, send to a website for die rolls, and then send everything to your opponent. There were perhaps 50 of us who participated regularly - my main opponents were in Michigan and California. I don't know if that group is operational any more. I doubt it, but I'll see if I can find anything.

I actually haven't played it in years. Our little group stayed committed to weekly gamefests for about 15 years straight before it broke up as the other two players moved away.

We played ATR practically into the ground and finally tired of it and went looking for something new. We played SPIs WWII, ETO/PTO, Advanced ETO/PTO, Kreig and Totler Kreig (mostly because Jim would hardly play anything besides grand strategic level games).

After my two buddies moved away I turned to computer games and only recently got back into regular boardgaming with a group in a nearby town that we had played some team Fire in the East/Scorched Earth against about a decade ago.

moose1999 -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 4:21:16 PM)

Remakes of Age of Sail and Sierra's Civil War Generals are on top of my list...

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Advanced Third Reich (10/28/2008 4:59:52 PM)

Breakaway Games had a couple of Napoleonic titles based on the Sid Meier's Gettysburg game engine, Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle and Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory. I'd like to see the games tidied-up a bit, especially in terms of multiplayer, and then released as three-game set which includes one of the numerous community mods for ANGV, Borodino, perhaps. At one time, there was a rumor that Doug Whatley was interested in doing something like this, but I don't think that he ever found a publisher.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI