Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Jimmer -> Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 2:02:13 AM)

In the EiANW rules, it specifies that the ICs pop on the map (sometimes) when any "Austrian province" is entered. However, in practice, I've never seen it happen unless it's one of the eastern provinces (as in the EiA board game).

I think this is a rules deviation (from the current rulebook, but not from EIA), but don't know for sure. Has anybody seen the IC pop onto the map in any of the non-eastern provinces in Austria?

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 2:15:37 AM)

Jimmer:

I certainly have and it is a rules deviation based on the problem of not being able to interrupt a move in the middle of the move to block the invaders (As in EiA) and place the corps so we have allowed ALL provinces to be eligible and given a basic 50/50 shot that an invader will be halted by an insurrection corps when moving into Au turf.

Mardonius -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 2:39:56 AM)

In my opnion, the Insurrection Corps would be a lot more powerful -- they are easy to dust now and gain free PPs -- if the Austrian could place them in his reinforcement phase in any province wherein there are enemy units. Sure it is not as per the bookcase game, it this does make them a viable asset for the Austrian.

best
Mardonius

eske -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 1:14:46 PM)

Would it be possible to give resurrection corps preset orders?

Like:
Pop up in area XXX when province YYY is entered.

Would be very close to original intension, and make them much more useful!

/eske

bresh -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 4:18:39 PM)

I think, they would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase or land phase, While enemies are inside Austria's starting border. (dont remember how placing them during own phase worked in EIA)

It would also be nice if you could give them orders(in counter menu),  since its the usual random order atm unless they get placed together.

Regards
Bresh

Jimmer -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/13/2008 8:56:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

I think, they would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase or land phase, While enemies are inside Austria's starting border. (dont remember how placing them during own phase worked in EIA)

It would also be nice if you could give them orders(in counter menu),  since its the usual random order atm unless they get placed together.

Regards
Bresh

I would say "would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase AND land phase, ...". I would agree with that wholeheartedly. It's not quite the board game's rule, but it's much closer to reasonable than only doing it when the computer feels like it.

But, the question I'm asking is actually do they come on-map when ANY Austrian is invaded? Or, just the ones to the right. So far, we have not seen them show up at all, even though France was wandering all over the western part of Austria.

Murat -> RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? (8/14/2008 4:49:20 PM)

In my solo games they have popped up in the west but I was France and the rest were AI so maybe it just targets invasions by real people, not AI managed MPs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI