Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Steely Glint -> Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/4/2008 5:20:59 PM)

Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? Does it even support widescreen at all?

Kuokkanen -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/4/2008 7:27:32 PM)

No and no. As far as I know, SPWAW is limited to given resolution (800x600) only. If variety with screen resolutions is a must have, take a look at WinSPWW2

Steely Glint -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/4/2008 8:46:51 PM)

Thank you for the infornation. WinSPWW2 it is then.

Steely Glint -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/4/2008 8:49:53 PM)

LOL, their website is down, too.

JEB Davis -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/5/2008 3:16:44 PM)

However, regardless of the screen resolution, SP:WaW is a far superior game to WinSPWW2 so if I was you I would find a way to live with 800x600.  It causes me no problems on a regular monitor or non-widescreen laptop.

(edit) Visit www.spwaw.com and check out the forums for lots of support and a very active, friendly gaming community.

junk2drive -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/5/2008 3:29:36 PM)

To get other resolutions with WinSP, you must buy the CD version.

Steely Glint -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/5/2008 4:29:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

However, regardless of the screen resolution, SP:WaW is a far superior game to WinSPWW2 so if I was you I would find a way to live with 800x600.  It causes me no problems on a regular monitor or non-widescreen laptop.

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop, so it looks like WinSPWW2 for me.

Why do you guys think SPWAW >> WinSPWW2? Just curious.

I was hoping to get Combat Leader, but Matrix cancelled it. :(

V22 Osprey -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/5/2008 6:10:11 PM)

Because this is the SPWAW FORUM.U will find SPWAW lovers here.And WinSPWW2(free version) supports only up to 800 x 600 anyway,so....

Like a JEB said(a friend of mine) ,SPWAW has a far better community.You have a question,you will get the answer.

Arctic Blast -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/5/2008 11:03:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop, so it looks like WinSPWW2 for me.

Why do you guys think SPWAW >> WinSPWW2? Just curious.

I was hoping to get Combat Leader, but Matrix cancelled it. :(

For me, one of the biggest reasons for favoring SPWaW is that I see more material still being produced for it. Look at the enhanced mod, which came out just last year, look at the number of maps and scenarios still appearing...I didn't see that kind of continuing community support for SPWW2. I've also read that infantry combat is not modeled as well in SPWW2, though I won't say any more on that, since I really don't know. I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

Stvitus2002 -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/6/2008 12:43:23 AM)

quote:

Yes, but it will cause problems on a widescreen laptop,

Not to mention the screen blackouts, or crashes to desktop that occur after
about 60 vehicles have been destroyed.[:(]

WO 0/0

Kuokkanen -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/6/2008 1:33:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast

I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

At least in WinSPMBT has function to choose what type of target OpFire should be used, and therefore is likely in WinSPWW2 also. So human wave can't be used to reduce OpFire and points from AT weapons. Furthermore, when SPWAW is played in PBEM mode, there is no control over OpFire.

And about scenarios: original SP scenarios can be converted to work with WinSPWW2. Gotta try out my old scenario disks with it when workload gets lighter. Unless... Has anyone converted Cold Will, 5th SS Wiking and Stalingrad campaign to SPWAW yet?

V22 Osprey -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/6/2008 8:42:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

I don't like that I have no option whether or not to control my opfire in SPWW2...I found that, after the battle lines were drawn, I just ended up watching a lot of the time as my army and the other army engaged in battle. They all chose when to fire, and when my turn to move would come up, I had no action points left, so I really had no control over the outcome.

At least in WinSPMBT has function to choose what type of target OpFire should be used, and therefore is likely in WinSPWW2 also. So human wave can't be used to reduce OpFire and points from AT weapons. Furthermore, when SPWAW is played in PBEM mode, there is no control over OpFire.

And about scenarios: original SP scenarios can be converted to work with WinSPWW2. Gotta try out my old scenario disks with it when workload gets lighter. Unless... Has anyone converted Cold Will, 5th SS Wiking and Stalingrad campaign to SPWAW yet?

Dude,you are odviously a hater of SPWAW,so I don't why you are even over here.Us SPWAW players dont want to listen to your crap.

FYI-The only reason original SP scenarios work on SPWW2 because it uses pretty much the same OLD engine.

Edit:Once again have you looked at the title of the forum:Steel Panthers World at War & mega campaigns.
I dont know about you,but I didn't see WinSPWW2 or WinSPMBT in there.

Arctic Blast -> RE: Does SPWAW support 1200x800 resolution? (7/6/2008 9:41:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

Hmmm...I know there IS a Stalingrad Campaign, but couldn't really give you any specifics, as I haven't played it yet.

I DO enjoy SPMBT, as well. Partly because, sadly, there really aren't a whole lot of options out there for modern day combat sims that interest me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.294922E-02