Matrix I Hate You (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov

tevans6220 -> Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 8:48:45 PM)

Just when I finally got my credit card paid off you guys came out with another "must have" game. This game is excellent and I congratulate all of you. I know this one just released but I'd love to see this series taken to the Pacific theater. Gaming Guadalcanal or Iwo Jima using this system would be a blast. I'm disabled and really don't get around much so it's games like this that keeps me from going crazy. Again congratulations and thank you. Please keep up your fine work.

Tim Evans

ravinhood -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 8:50:48 PM)

Yeah me to me too Pacific Theater x 2. ;)

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 9:07:24 PM)

I agree x3[:)]
quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Yeah me to me too Pacific Theater x 2. ;)

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 9:14:47 PM)

Using Mobius Panzer Wars rules, he made me an xml for a Japanese light tank and used one of the exsisting 3D models plus HMG, LMG, etc. IOW it can be done now if you don't mind using Germans and Soviets for IJA and USMC.

Eventually, if sales support further development, you will see other theatres and PTO will be one of them if I have any say in it.

Sgt.Fury25 -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 9:41:48 PM)

A Pacific type of similar game would be grrrrreat![:)] Probably not to armor heavy,the Japs did'nt have much goin for it,but island hopping sounds like fun!

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 9:55:32 PM)

I had Close Combat 2 and 5 with Pacific mods, still have SPWAW Mega campaign Watchtower, and recently have gotten into JTCS Rising Sun. That's a lot of PTO campaign ideas for the future.

I also made a few mods for CMAK (CM3) but those games don't have campaigns.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/13/2008 11:26:42 PM)

You'll be pleased to hear that I am also very interested in doing the Pacific with this engine, but only after we take care of the Western Front. By the time we get to the Pacific, we may be able to have some entire atolls on a single map and I expect the infantry rules will be even more fleshed out by that point.

LarryP -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 12:19:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tevans6220

I'm disabled and really don't get around much so it's games like this that keeps me from going crazy.

Tim Evans

Same here, I understand! [;)]

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 12:24:33 AM)

I think I tried to make the light Japanese tank and MGs etc. as German to battle with the Soviets in Manchuria. There were some armour battles there that changed the way Japan fought the rest of the war. It's been a while.

JMass -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 12:47:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I am also very interested in doing the Pacific with this engine, but only after we take care of the Western Front.

My vote is for North Africa!

[&o]

marcusm -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 12:55:06 AM)

As long as it's not yet another Bulge or Market Garden.

Why not the Burmese campaign? UK vs Japan.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 12:55:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

My vote is for North Africa!

[&o]

Yep, lots of national appeal...

[image]local://upfiles/21246/AFADB655D07B460F8623643AF4559ABC.jpg[/image]

marcusm -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:20:36 AM)

Good point. Though I never liked CMAK. It just felt a bit too "deserted".

The African war always worked best at operational scale imho.

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:24:26 AM)

No borg spotting may help PC play desert battles better than CMAK but larger maps will be needed.

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:28:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Good point. Though I never liked CMAK. It just felt a bit too "deserted".

The African war always worked best at operational scale imho.

The terrain textures in CMAK were pretty awful, IMO. But the desert doesn't have to be fugly. And an engine like PzC would shine with all that wide-open space to maneuver ones platoons.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

marcusm -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:28:41 AM)

Maybe.

Btw. How about more of the earlier campaigns? Rarely seen in wargames.

Invasion of Norway? Lots of interesting battles for this scale, maybe even some naval action?
Obvously. Invasion of Holland, Belgium and France. Guderians theories put to test for real.

They do count as West Front as well ;).

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:28:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

No borg spotting may help PC play desert battles better than CMAK but larger maps will be needed.

Yep.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

marcusm -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:34:34 AM)

Also thinking that the dynamic campaigns might improve the concept.

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:40:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Maybe.

Btw. How about more of the earlier campaigns? Rarely seen in wargames.

Invasion of Norway? Lots of interesting battles for this scale, maybe even some naval action?
Obvously. Invasion of Holland, Belgium and France. Guderians theories put to test for real.

They do count as West Front as well ;).

That's on the list too. Early war AFVs work well on the small maps.

marcusm -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:45:05 AM)

Cool. Definately must buys in that case :).

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:45:10 AM)

North Afrika could be modded now using OWS maps, painting the terrain sand, modding pines to palms, skinning the afvs in desert colours. There are LL Matildas and Vals...

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:48:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

North Afrika could be modded now using OWS maps, painting the terrain sand, modding pines to palms, skinning the afvs in desert colours. There are LL Matildas and Vals...

I may have been dreaming, but I think that I came across a texture for a Stuart in one of the graphics directories.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

junk2drive -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:52:03 AM)

Yep, M3A1 Stuart LL

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix I Hate You (4/14/2008 1:53:28 AM)

Stuarts (Honeys :-), Matildas and Valentines are all in Kharkov as Lend Lease versions. [8D] Yes, come to think of it the winter maps could probably be modded to desert without too much trouble. Hm...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI