Naval Movement to Allied Ports (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> The War Room

Hawks5896 -> Naval Movement to Allied Ports (3/31/2008 8:43:20 PM)

We are playing a 4 player 3 AI PBEM game. As the Russian, Allied with Britain and Spain, I wanted to transfer my transports to the Mediterrean. As they only move 3 zones per turn, I wanted to put into friendly (read Allied) ports at the end of the turn prior to the Economic phase t save the fleet at sea cost of $ 5. Yet the game will not let me or my Allies sail into each others ports.

Is this a bug, or what is the problem as it apparently is not prohibited in the rules. As a result of this, it is impossible for me to land a Russian Corps in Britain to help out my English Ally except by using the invasion process. If this is a rule it makes no sense because Allied ships docked in each others Ports all the time.

Everytime I click on the area with my Allies Port in it I get the message "Not enough movement points left" in red.

I'm looking for some clarification on this - whats happening in other games?

hawks 5896

bresh -> RE: Naval Movement to Allied Ports (3/31/2008 11:24:57 PM)

Do you have access to this nation who owns the port?

Regards
Bresh

Hawks5896 -> RE: Naval Movement to Allied Ports (3/31/2008 11:32:22 PM)

Interesting thought Bresh - I don't think we ever considered stopping in a port to be "access" but you are probably right. I will check it out.

Thanks
hawks 5896

Ralegh -> RE: Naval Movement to Allied Ports (4/8/2008 5:30:10 AM)

Yep - this is access.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.296875E-02