Not enough Storage Error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

dmerkow -> Not enough Storage Error (1/26/2008 9:29:57 PM)

I installed the game with all other software including antivirus disabled and when I go to access the actual game I get an error that states I "Does not have enough storage to process this command". Thoughts?

DCWhitworth -> RE: Not enough Storage Error (1/26/2008 10:12:17 PM)

My thought is that in the notes accompanying the patch you will find this - "Some systems may give you the message “Not Enough Storage Space To Process This Command” when trying to begin a new game. This can be related to memory / hard drive space. Please exit as many apps as you can then restart. It can also be related to some virus protection software compatibility issues (Trend)."

DCWhitworth -> RE: Not enough Storage Error (1/26/2008 10:18:55 PM)

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear with that. They are saying not using other apps and turning off Anti-virus software *may* help not will fix it. You need check how much free disk space you have and free memory before you try to run EiA

dmerkow -> RE: Not enough Storage Error (1/26/2008 11:15:14 PM)

There is tons of room on my hard drive. I've run far more memory intense programs (Civ IV) on this machine with no problems.

Thanks,

David

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Not enough Storage Error (1/27/2008 1:49:51 PM)

I have trapped this a little better in the 1.01x versions. It looks to mainly be a free memory issue.
Exiting as many aps as you can then retrying should fix you up!
Let us know...

dmerkow -> RE: Not enough Storage Error (1/28/2008 6:25:17 PM)

It seems to have been related to having Trend as my anti-virus software. I upgraded to 1.01B so maybe that made a difference. Now the lower right quadrant of the game board is not visible. It keeps whatever was in that corner of the screen when I move the cursor. This is problematic when playing Austria.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.320313E-02