Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Grognot -> Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors (12/31/2007 7:49:33 PM)

If you attempt to form a free state from a conquered minor with no corps, you get a message that you can't create a free state out of it "this turn", which implies that there's a transient condition preventing it and that perhaps in a later turn one might be able to. "This minor is ineligible because it can never have corps" would be more informative.

Mynok -> RE: Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors (12/31/2007 7:56:01 PM)

An addendum to this:

Playing as Turkey, I had influenced Circassia to become an Ally. Russia declared war on me, and it was automatically called and converted to a free state, even though it has no corps.

Monadman -> RE: Misleading 'cannot create free state' message for corps-less minors (12/31/2007 8:31:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

An addendum to this:

Playing as Turkey, I had influenced Circassia to become an Ally. Russia declared war on me, and it was automatically called and converted to a free state, even though it has no corps.

This is a programming deviation that gives neutral minors that have no corps a garrison and FS status until conquered. Once conquered, they cannot later be declared a FS though can be brought back to neutral and have war declared on them and they will gain FS status again.

Richard

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02