Profile related (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

mudrick -> Profile related (12/18/2007 7:36:06 PM)

For a new group. When you create a situation. Lets say you do not enter any plays in the boxes but just put it at 80-20 pass. Does it just pick from all plays in the book? Or ignore the setting since no plays were entered?

I also cannot seem to find the 2nd half situations. It just says "minutes from half".

Marauders -> RE: Profile related (12/18/2007 9:06:53 PM)

quote:

mudrick asked: For a new group. When you create a situation. Lets say you do not enter any plays in the boxes but just put it at 80-20 pass. Does it just pick from all plays in the book? Or ignore the setting since no plays were entered?

It should choose from all plays that are not tagged situation specific.

quote:

I also cannot seem to find the 2nd half situations. It just says "minutes from half".

At this point, there are no half designators for the groups.

mudrick -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 4:32:36 PM)

I'm not sure what you mean about the first part.  I have to click situation specific before I go to the offensive tab?

Marauders -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 7:11:29 PM)

quote:

I'm not sure what you mean about the first part.  I have to click situation specific before I go to the offensive tab?

Individual plays can be tagged for "Situation Specific Use Only".

mudrick -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 7:30:14 PM)

It seems like they use the profile in the first half but not the second.  Like I have a situation, 3rd and 10 or more, anytime in the half, anywhere on the field, anytime.  I have 8 passing plays in the list.  They do not run them in the second half.  I'll see run plays on occasion.  I also have it set to 100% pass.

David Winter -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 8:32:21 PM)

Hi.

The profiles are used for both halfs. This has been tested and confirmed many times. Is it possible that you have profile groups that are countering each other? Or two (or more) profile groups that are so similar that plays from one are being used instead of another? What I mean by that is one profile has a specific down and distance, and another profile with different plays, has a specific down but any distance? The playbook database searches are OR based searches, like this; "Distance = 10 OR Distance = ANY". It will gather up all the plays for all the profiles that match. So these;

1. Down = 1, Distance = 10, Time = 5, FieldPos = 20
2. Down = 2, Distance = 10, Time = 5, FieldPos = 20
3. Down = 1, Distance = ANY, Time = 5, FieldPos = 20

Here, if Group 1s situation is being used, group 3s situation is also being used and both will return results.

The profile groups can be very powerful but it's also possible to create groups that return multiple result play sets that can actually counter each other. This can lead to situations where you're expecting only plays from one group to be used, but there is another group having its say as well.

thanks
David

Deft -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 9:31:18 PM)

David, thanks for this clarification.  I assumed the more specific situation would supercede the less specific but I see they are accumulated.
Unfortunately, this approach makes for more work because plays must be explicitedly called out rather than having an overarching play list that get overridden for specific situations.  Without the ability to copy situations, it makes for alot of work to get the profile section to be effective. 

What about this on defense?
1st and 10 at the 30 with the offense with 2 RB, and 3 WR.

1. Down = ANY, Distance = ANY, Time = ANY, FieldPos = ANY, 2 RB, 3 WR
2. Down = ANY, Distance = ANY, Time = ANY, FieldPos = ANY, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE

This is where I seem to get both situations used.

David Winter -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 9:37:09 PM)

The search process is the same for offense and defense.

(but obviously with different parameters)

David Winter -> RE: Profile related (12/19/2007 10:02:27 PM)

Hi.

Quite a lot of time was spent trying to get a hierarchy system working so that specifics would over-ride 'any'. The result was that 'any' was always ignored completely (defeating its purpose) and you wound up with many, many more situation groups needed just to cover the basics.

Using an OR search on specifics or ANY solved both problems.

thanks
David

mudrick -> RE: Profile related (12/20/2007 3:18:24 AM)

Oh crap.....I thought it was 10 or more yards to go.  I see it says "more than 10".  That is probably where i am messing up........but i also see what you mean about conflicting messages.....aah well, back to the drawing board.   Thanks for the reply.

But what if you just put in a situation but do not put any plays in the group? Say you just adjust pass/run percentage. Does it just pick a randon play from your book using the percentage?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02