Getting this error message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Thresh -> Getting this error message (12/10/2007 5:39:01 AM)

I am getting this error message every so often on the combat resolution page.

I click OK and everything works, but I have no idea why it's showing up.

[img]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/Thresh1642/Error1.jpg[/img]

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Getting this error message (12/10/2007 4:07:30 PM)

Can you tell me specifics of the battle?

What type (Field, assault)?
Exact nations / corps units involved?
Was one side the AI?

This would really help!

Thresh -> RE: Getting this error message (12/10/2007 7:12:41 PM)

Marshall,

It's been happening in all battles, but more predominately with trivial battles.

When I resume playing later today I'll keep better track and post them here.

Thanks,
Todd

jardail -> RE: Getting this error message (12/10/2007 10:54:35 PM)

Marshall here's a bit more detail on this error, it seems to be happening most of the time when the AI attacks.

Me British
AI French
Condition:  At War
Murat and one corps attacked a british and cav corps in Naples
Received a white screen and the following error
Could not Rkey in TB_EIA_GET_NATION_COMBAT_MOD
Had to click "OK" approximately 20 times in order to get the error box to go away.
Once this was done, it seemed to proceed normally.

I would post a screen shot on what it looks like, but I don't know how to do that in here [:(]

Thresh -> RE: Getting this error message (12/10/2007 11:27:18 PM)

Marshall,

Could be something unrelated, but I didn't get this message until I installed the Indeo codec...

I'll keep on it.

Thanks,
Todd

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Getting this error message (12/10/2007 11:34:27 PM)

Hey guys:

If you have autosave_landcombat where this can be duplicated then please email it to me:
marshalle@matrixgames.com

Remember! Each save game has 2 files (GAMENAME.sav.dat and GAMENAME.sav).

Thresh -> RE: Getting this error message (12/11/2007 5:11:24 AM)

Marshall,

It's happened to me attacking and defending. Each time was either a Trivial combat or siege combat.

Thanks,
Todd

Thresh -> RE: Getting this error message (12/11/2007 6:21:21 AM)

Marshall,

In playing more turns, this error has only popped up in trivial combat and siege battles.

Thanks,
Todd

John Neal -> RE: Getting this error message (12/11/2007 8:54:34 AM)

like i mentioned on another thread, might be related to some mouse clicking on the combat screen.

John Neal -> RE: Getting this error message (12/11/2007 8:58:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

Marshall,

In playing more turns, this error has only popped up in trivial combat and siege battles.

Thanks,
Todd

i think i will defer to the above point of view.

Bearcat2 -> RE: Getting this error message (12/15/2007 9:26:11 PM)

I have the same problem; usually when 1 side has 1 corp. I have gotten it as FRANCE vs Eng, Sp, Prus[I have played thru 5 years in a couple of games]
or Russia vs Tur. I went back and reloaded a sav file before this showed up and it will still show up- battle still works; but I don't think correctly.
I have had my Rus Cossack turn into the 1st Br Corp[unit info shows as a Cossack but camoflaged in a British corp and it won't move- can remove it and that solves that minor problem.
I also have a problem with siege battles; when I have at least 1 normal combat and a siege or sieges; and I click on the unit and that hasn't foraged, I get a normal siege report for each siege[sortie, no result, assault] When I have all siege attacks; it just skips from Land movement to diplomacy/Econ phase-irritating that I pay the support and it just skips over it. Also have the city garrison problem when I try to add to a garrison during reinforcement and I get the city counter showing the [10i/10m- size 2- with how many troops are in it] but can not add any more during reinforcement, and once it appears, you can not add to ANY city- same screen shows up-different for each size city with the correct city name-restarted game and THIS problem is fixed until it appears again- my guess on this one is improper key stroke-because of lag time in the game processing the info

WinXP Pro
AMD4200
2gigs RAM
over 200 gigs HD available
7800GT 512mb driver NVidia 6.14.10.9424 DX9c

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Getting this error message (12/15/2007 10:30:20 PM)

We've got this fixed in the first patch.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02