Anyone remember Mary? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

ravinhood -> Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 1:15:24 AM)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0000757/iid_1074433.jpg.html?seq=2

Wow how times flies. I remember when she was but a young girl of 12. She's 45 now lol

cdbeck -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 2:59:37 AM)

Old... Man...

Although I did just see that the girl that played Winnie in "The Wonder Years," Danica McKellar, was 34, a mathematician/actress, and just wrote a math book for girls. That show was on during my childhood, because, you know... I'm not old... [:'(] Still, time does fly. I only saw LHotP in reruns, sorry RH.

I'm sad to see that Don Adams passed in 2005, and that Barbara Feldon is like 75. Get Smart was one of my favorite things to watch on Nick-at-Nite.

SoM

ravinhood -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 3:05:56 AM)

Yeah that's what makes aging scary is when you see OPIE is an old man now. lol But, Andy Griffith is still alive an kickin. Always think of that song Hillybilly Heaven and Tex Ritter when I think of Andy. And that John Ritter his son is already DEAD that guy from Three's Company gawd I watched a lot of that as well during my long lifetime. lol Michael Landon is gone, fact all the Bonanza team is gone I think now, cept maybe Candy or Kandy however he spelled his name. I'd have to lookup Pernell I just thought though that pic of Mary would be shock to those that grew up watchin Little House on the Prarie. She's still a looker though for her age. She always did have that wholesome look to her not like most female actresses of today.

Wow Barbara Feldon is 75, that must mean Barbara Eden is ancient as well.
I Dream of This hehe

JudgeDredd -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 10:34:58 AM)

I loved The Wonder Years. TV is sadly missing the old family favourites of years gone by....The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie...Cannon...Ironside...I don't know about stateside, but TV over here seems to have gone away from family watching.

I'm just getting old and grumpy though.

cdbeck -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 5:17:52 PM)

Yeah Dredd, the big hits over here are definately not family friendly. Lost, Grey's Anatomy, both are a bit racy and violent for the younger ones. Heroes might be a bit better, but there is a significant amount of gore and violence in that. I guess the shows like Smallville (about Superboy), Seventh Heaven (still on?), the Gilmore Girls might be more suitible for family watching, but even they have several adult themes that I wouldn't want kids to watch. Forget about HBO, they throw in profanity just to have it said every other word.

Good thing is, you can still watch all the old classics over here pretty easily. They are on reruns everywhere. Good stuff like Quantum Leap, any of the old stuff like I dream of Genie, Bewitched, Get Smart, Green Acres, even the Wonder Years occasionally. Problem is, they tend to be on late at night, so the kids still don't get to watch.

I don't have children yet, but I believe the wife will probably put a lock-down on any TV programs or video games. She thinks Mario Brothers is violent...

SoM

Gil R. -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 6:47:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

I'm sad to see that Don Adams passed in 2005, and that Barbara Feldon is like 75. Get Smart was one of my favorite things to watch on Nick-at-Nite.

SoM

The "Get Smart" DVD set is well worth the money. (And I think you can still get a discount ordering by going through wouldyoubelieve.com.) The "Get Smart" DVD's are the official DVD set of Western Civilization Software. Just last night two of us watched "Viva Smart!" and the episode with the League of Impostors.

carnifex -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 7:08:55 PM)

Oh man, I wish people would specify in the subject that this thread is not about Mary, The Queen of Scots, or the other permissible generic Mary, the one the wind cries about.    

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 7:37:42 PM)

Mary Jane? Oh yeah, how could i forget[:D].

...and the wind whispers, Mary....

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 9:41:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

Yeah Dredd, the big hits over here are definately not family friendly. Lost, Grey's Anatomy, both are a bit racy and violent for the younger ones. Heroes might be a bit better, but there is a significant amount of gore and violence in that. I guess the shows like Smallville (about Superboy), Seventh Heaven (still on?), the Gilmore Girls might be more suitible for family watching, but even they have several adult themes that I wouldn't want kids to watch. Forget about HBO, they throw in profanity just to have it said every other word.

Good thing is, you can still watch all the old classics over here pretty easily. They are on reruns everywhere. Good stuff like Quantum Leap, any of the old stuff like I dream of Genie, Bewitched, Get Smart, Green Acres, even the Wonder Years occasionally. Problem is, they tend to be on late at night, so the kids still don't get to watch.

I don't have children yet, but I believe the wife will probably put a lock-down on any TV programs or video games. She thinks Mario Brothers is violent...

SoM

Pretty much true abou thte big hits. But there are some good ones just below the "mega hit" cloud layer. I like 2 and 1/2 men myself. Very funny.

cdbeck -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/2/2007 10:55:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
The "Get Smart" DVD set is well worth the money. (And I think you can still get a discount ordering by going through wouldyoubelieve.com.) The "Get Smart" DVD's are the official DVD set of Western Civilization Software. Just last night two of us watched "Viva Smart!" and the episode with the League of Impostors.

No wonder the West Civ games all are so "Smart"! [:D] I'll look into that, because it was one of my favorite things to watch when I was at my grandmother's house (she had cable and loved to watch Nick-at-Nite with me.

Would you believe, that they are making a new Get Smart movie? Steve Carell will be Maxwell, and I can't think of a better actor for it. Anne Hathaway is agent 99, not a bad pick. Looks like the "Rock" is going to be in it, so lets hope he cooks up a decent performance (ex-pro wrestler turned actor... well... ok pro-wrestlers ARE actors).

Yeah, 2 1/2 Men is a bit more family oriented, but still rather more raunchy than what I would consider "family" TV. Of course I grew up with the Ellen Degeneres Show, and Michael J. Fox as Alex Keaton.

SoM

Gil R. -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/3/2007 10:30:04 AM)

Over at wouldyoubelieve.com the guy who runs the site has some pretty scathing comments about the "Get Smart" movie's script (which was leaked to him) and some of the people running the show. I agree that Carell's a great choice, but I doubt that the movie will live up to the original, especially after reading that website. My plan is to go to the movie when it opens and just sit there frowning the whole time...

captskillet -> RE: Anyone remember Mary? (8/3/2007 6:15:40 PM)

Barbara Eden.....................now there was a babe.................[;)]!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02