Single Player Grog Rules (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

AcePylut -> Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 12:51:19 AM)

SO I'm starting up a Scen 19 campaign single player as the USN, and wanted to make things a little more difficult for myself, so I decided to impose some ground rules to my campaign.

First off, I'm sending all my ships back to Pearl that start in theater, at the start of the game.

Second, I'm decided that I won't have any ground offenses until at least August.

I won't be doing anything gamey, or using planes/ships/troops in a manner they weren't used in the war. I also am going to play this game to win as handily as possible, with as few troops lost as possible. I wont be sending any troops to a location with the express intention of leaving them there, i.e. for any live troops in theater, I'll make every effort to keep them supplied, I wont send any units on a predetermined suicide mission... i.e. no B17s bombing airports at 100 ft en masse.

Do any of you have any grog rules you apply to yourself when playing, just to make it interesting? ... something I could incorporate into my game?

Joe D. -> RE: Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 1:24:26 AM)

All your ships back to Pearl, including your transports and subs? Why?

You might want to check the "gamey" post re PBEM play on this forum.

bradfordkay -> RE: Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 9:43:48 AM)

One rule I religiously enforce is that if I transfer any aircraft a longer distance than they can cover in four hours at cruise speed, then I will sit them down for the rest of that day.

Generally I will not use 4E aircraft on naval attack missions below 10,000 feet, unless the situation is dire.

Most of my other self-imposed house rules apply only to WITP.

rogueusmc -> RE: Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 5:11:47 PM)

Most of my self imposed rules in an AI game has to do with loading TFs...I don't start loading 200 ships in San Fransisco on turn two...

The shipping had to be gathered and organized and all that bit...I make 5-6 ship TFs at a time...I allow myself to start two of them a turn, one for troops and one for supplies...

I do the same thing in Manilla...two TFs a turn...one troops, one supplies.

I start relaxing this rule after the new year once the war machine started rolling.

Lee

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 6:30:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Most of my self imposed rules in an AI game has to do with loading TFs...I don't start loading 200 ships in San Fransisco on turn two...

The shipping had to be gathered and organized and all that bit...I make 5-6 ship TFs at a time...I allow myself to start two of them a turn, one for troops and one for supplies...

I do the same thing in Manilla...two TFs a turn...one troops, one supplies.

I start relaxing this rule after the new year once the war machine started rolling.

Lee

This is the UV forum, you don't usually see SF or Manilla in this game. [:D] But the idea is the same.

rogueusmc -> RE: Single Player Grog Rules (3/24/2007 10:13:00 PM)

OOOPS...my bad...I still get notices from this forum.

I need to boot UV up again sometime.

But I used the same principle in the UV days. I just try to stay as realistic as possible.

Lee

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.222656E-02