New Manual and Box (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Adam Parker -> New Manual and Box (1/24/2007 2:39:54 PM)

Finally received my box today and I must say a printed manual imo really helps with a game of this type.

At first glance the manual really looks solid. Colored, thick spined (I saw comments about the cover somewhere as it is thin and I know this not be repeated with future games).

I can't vouch for the contents yet but at least in my case, this game now has a chance to be playable there being something intimate to read. It certainly is nice to have something that fits in my hand rather than taking up a table.

(Btw, as for content I truly hope that the forthcoming patch doesn't change anything inside the manual - just how the game runs!)

The quandry though now is this. Seeing how well presented this manual is - do I now order physcial copies of future games or go for the downloads?

I think the answer will be, the perceived complexity of each title. I'd love it if Matrix lists the size of a game's manual now in its product details, just so buyers can see whether it's worth downloading the game and self-printing or going the full physical deal. A 50 page manual I'll print myself. Over that and I'd seriously weigh up the pros and cons.

Either way, this is a great counter-revolution to the days when things went from glossy publications to PDF's in the first place. Let's now lobby for Age of Empires-quality cardboard reference cards where relevant too!

freeboy -> RE: New Manual and Box (1/24/2007 3:29:52 PM)

seems not all games order will include a manual, only those released after this.. I am not sure though but as I ordered a physical copy of a game already released, I was told in these forums that I would not get a manual.. game was Panzer Command

Marc von Martial -> RE: New Manual and Box (1/24/2007 6:19:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

seems not all games order will include a manual, only those released after this.. I am not sure though but as I ordered a physical copy of a game already released, I was told in these forums that I would not get a manual.. game was Panzer Command

Read the announcement in the "General Discussions" forum:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1333669

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI