Future of the game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Tech Support

pipilongbeard -> Future of the game (6/25/2006 4:33:43 AM)

Hi,
I have been playing the game for a year now and love it.
I am not sure if there was a thread for this or not but
what is the future of TOS? Will there be a version 2?
Have the dev's moved on to other games?
Regards,
Pipi[&o]

Rainbow7 -> RE: Future of the game (6/25/2006 3:07:09 PM)

The developer frequents this board still, so you'll likely hear from him, but as far as I know Vicious Byte disbanded shortly after the game was released.  No further developments are coming.

Aensland -> RE: Future of the game (6/25/2006 4:09:22 PM)

Kind of a shame :| While I love action mech games like Mechwarrior and Armored Core, I still prefer the more "thinking" strategy ones like ToS and the Front Mission series. I've got several friends interested in ToS but the slow pacing puts them off. Development along the lines of X-Com would be totally cool though :) After all ToS is already Squad based...

LarkinVB -> RE: Future of the game (6/25/2006 8:13:53 PM)

Work stopped after v1.2.1 patch and the team disbanded.

We were doing this in our spare time and it drained a lot of energy.

pipilongbeard -> RE: Future of the game (6/26/2006 8:33:43 PM)

Thanks for the info LarkinVB. Does Matrix own the rights to the code or do you retain that? I was wondering
if you have considered releasing it as open source or if you plan to hold onto it for possible future projects?   

Rainbow7 -> RE: Future of the game (6/28/2006 9:47:26 PM)

The game is still being sold (and apparently bringing in new customers), so I doubt they would release it anytime soon.

varis2000 -> RE: Future of the game (2/4/2008 2:03:19 AM)

I figure releasing the sources wouldn't decrease (the already small?) new customer base because anybody who wanted to play the game would still need to buy the copyrighted data files (graphics etc).

PDiFolco -> RE: Future of the game (2/16/2008 1:54:12 PM)

It doesn't make sense to buy it : the free version comes with the same rights and limitations than the commercial ones - ie you don't get more rights by buying, why will someone pay except to give money to Matrix and the devs ?

Rosary_CG -> RE: Future of the game (2/24/2008 9:20:08 AM)

TOS:WS was a labor of love. We worked on it because we all wanted to play it. That being said; A free download does not mean its public domain.

However, there are a lot of things you can do to add life and gameplay to TOS:WS.
Use the Factory; build new Titans to share.
Use the Campaign Editor: Create new campaigns and dangerous situations where we can lose our valuable pilots and curse the day you were ever born.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.392578E-02