Looking for an opponent with possum exp.

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
DavidFaust

RE: Looking for an opponent with possum exp.

Post by DavidFaust »

if none of your opps was skilled enuff to agree to that, I understand now why you THINK you are that good...

I personally cant recall ANY soviet opp who would insist on having such rule.

Josan, K62, Elefantinho and M39 white Death are some players that have requested air restrictions. A wise man would never insult a person who insists on a rule that hinders himself and then question his ability. If your objective is to insult me, you have failed and have insulted most of the people that Ive played . You owe them an apology

Enough words have been spoken about this topic and that is why I have offered a challenge. Get some balls and accept it or some intelligance to zip it.

wieschi

Post by wieschi »

Enough words have been spoken about this topic and that is why I have offered a challenge. Get some balls and accept it or some intelligance to zip it.

hey kingtiger, don`t offer so much games. [:-]
better to continue our game. [:)]
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

LOL
how old are you ? 4, 5 years old ?
No, you cant be that old. My 5 years old kid would never behave so childish. Yeah, you must be 3 max.

Lots of yacking, lots of yacking....

BTW cant recall you challanged me, your challanges were aimed at someone else IIRC.
Anyways, if you would chalanged me, it would be turned down, thats for sure. Why play someone whose only goal is to accuse on the boards his opp for breaking the rules.
Happy fighting and arguing
cheers
czerpak
Think first, fight afterwards, the soldier's art.
Veroporo

Post by Veroporo »

I'm leaving, have a nice year.
Ei kannattais.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

BTW cant recall you challanged me, your challanges were aimed at someone else IIRC.

My challenge was directed to the 2 people that have posted views against aircraft restrictions.
if you would chalanged me, it would be turned down, thats for sure

I would not think someone who has lost all his games on the Blitz would of accepted my challenge. I was 100% sure insults and excuses is all that I would of got out of you.

Lame excuse has been inserted here.... No evidence to back this claim

Why play someone whose only goal is to accuse on the boards his opp for breaking the rules.

This a is email I got today, I thought Ill share it with you.
Fully agree with you: it sad to see how some people on the forum take things personally, as if only their strategy and rules are right. They are completely forgetting that it’s just a game.

DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

hey kingtiger, don`t offer so much games. [:-]
better to continue our game. [:)]

I recall sending my last turn to you in December and I have only heard from you in April!!
Elefantinho

Post by Elefantinho »

Gentlemen,

Let's keep this discussion civilized! As I have stated in my mail (the one that was quoted by Kingtiger_501) this is just a game. This kind of mudslinging is not interesting at all for the rest of the small community that tries to keep this game alive until we are finally rewarded with the successor of WIR, "The Russian Front 1941-1945" by 2by3games. By the way, can't they hurry up there. [:)]

My opinion about house rules:
  • Apart from the invulnerability of Soviet HQs three hexes from the east end of the map, I am quite OK to discuss all other rules. I think it is up to individual players to decide which rules apply. I am currently playing two games, one as Germans with a lot of rules, one as Soviets with just a few. Considering the level of my opponents in both games I feel comfortable, and, as far as I know, so do my opponents, considering what they pull on me. [8D]
  • I do appreciate the discussion about house rules in the other topics. I think some rules are necessary to adjust game balance, but I fully agree with czerpak that rules should not force you to spend half an hour to check all kind of things before playing a turn.
  • Most important and often forgotten: if you agree with an opponent upon rules, don't whine when your opponent conducts an operation that is within the rules, but you still think is "not fair". I have some very bad experiences with this. Nothing is more frustrating when your opponent gives up a game that has gone on for months, because you made a legal move that he considers it unfair. Well, I guess that is what rules are for?

If someone thinks he has a superior strategy (like Forward_March to commit the VVS in '41), the only way to prove this is to play a game, not by bragging on the forum. I've never played czerpack, but I did play against Kingtiger_501 and Forward_March, and they are both worthy opponents. I suggest czerpack and Forward_March solve their dispute with Kingtiger_501 in a game, instead of on this forum. I am sure that a regular AAR on the forum would be appreciated by everybody in the WIR community.
wieschi

Post by wieschi »

quote:

hey kingtiger, don`t offer so much games.
better to continue our game.

I recall sending my last turn to you in December and I have only heard from you in April!!

is this the reason you don`t want to continue it?
in late november i wrote you, that i will not have internet untill beginning 2005. my provider had enormous problems. though you know this...
this is why i don`t understand your answer[&:]
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

ORIGINAL: kingtiger_501

I would not think someone who has lost all his games on the Blitz would of accepted my challenge. I was 100% sure insults and excuses is all that I would of got out of you.

ohh, great !
Now we have a lier here !

Cant wait what will be next...
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

ORIGINAL: Elefantinho

This kind of mudslinging is not interesting at all for the rest of the small community

Elefantino,
I think it could be important for community to know that one of members is lying to back up his point. If he is lying about something irrelevant just to prove he has last word in the discussion, I cant even think about ways he uses to win the game.

cheers
czerpak

DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

ohh, great !

Updated results from the blitz...

crerpak's WIR results

tally stands at.
4 wins
8 losses
1 draw
Elefantino,
I think it could be important for community to know that one of members is lying to back up his point. If he is lying about something irrelevant just to prove he has last word in the discussion, I cant even think about ways he uses to win the game.

cheers
czerpak

I take that as a no to the challange. If your balls were as big as your mouth, we would not be talking. Some of us know when a mistake has been made and admit it. Im sorry for stating information that was not up to date. The last time I looked at the blitz you had no wins.

You have been active on this forum for 1 week telling us how honourable you are and names of poeple who will back it. I think the proof is in this forum what type of a person you are and the underhanded tactics you are willing to use. I have said it once and ill say it again....

Please post a lame excuse/insult here......

Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

Wow, things got a bit ugly here since I was last here.

Well, I would say kingtiger is in my experience is a guy who has strong opinions (dont want to hurt you at all kingtiger), but he is ready to prove them, and he is a very good player. I think if rules are agreed any other move within the rules is fine (he does not share my view, see the hq question in our game). But he is not a liar, just a fair man with sometimes strong views:)

For the air mission limitations, it is maybe the houserule I agree with most. We can argue about the strength of a single air missions, but dozens of even little damage's will cripple any unit. Air suppriority means 2-3 sure attacker succes every turn with unlimited air missions. And that hurts big time against a good player. This will make the war all about the air war, which was important, but not the only factor.
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

ohh, great !

Updated results from the blitz...

crerpak's WIR results

tally stands at.
4 wins
8 losses
1 draw
Elefantino,

cheers
czerpak

I take that as a no to the challange. If your balls were as big as your mouth, we would not be talking. Some of us know when a mistake has been made and admit it. Im sorry for stating information that was not up to date. The last time I looked at the blitz you had no wins.

Hi Mr Big Balls,
well, I was afraid you could disapoint me, but fortunately it isnt so. Thats good, coz pointing out your lies slowly becomes sorta daily habbit and I can see you are going to cheer up my days for long time.
My status in blitz CW ladder is INACTIVE, which means there were no games reported in last 12 months. So would you be so kind and tell us WHEN was that last time you looked at blitz and I had no wins then ?
First lie didnt work out, so instead of admitting it you rather try to back it up with another one, right Mr I AM THE BEST ?

I think my no-no to your challange was clear enough. BTW I lost much more games than those 8 reported at Blitz, so why you think another defeat would make any difference to me ?
You have been active on this forum for 1 week

I have been on this forum for 4 years, while you for one. Anyways, what difference does that make ?

telling us how honourable you are and names of poeple who will back it.

Not true. I was simply aware of a fact that Axel did know me, so I tried to introduce myself. It was directed straight to him and he accepted it, making our discussion about house rules much easier.
I think the proof is in this forum what type of a person you are

I guess thats the only point we agree about. I didnt lie about you, you lied already twice. Tells a lot what kind of persons we both are.
and the underhanded tactics you are willing to use.

as this is something new to me, could you please name those tactics ?

I have said it once and ill say it again....

Please post a lame excuse/insult here......

Easy to make countless challanges knowing I am not up to accept them. But go on, it wont hurt me to say no again, although I know you will use it to call me a chicken or coward or whatever you come up with.

As for insults - I am wondering now if the fact that you have no arguments to back up your points in our little discussion and you have to use lies instead, should be taken as an insult or the compliment...
I guess thats rather a compliment for me, isnt it ?

BTW if you were simply mistaken get some balls and admitt it or some intelligence to shut up.

OK, I owe two guys here opening turns and am already late so back to WiR now (but waiting eagerly to continue our lovely discussion)
cheers
czerpak

p.s. see my motto - you can also read it as think first, write afterwards - the wise men's art Maybe you wont have to edit your posts so many times then [;)]
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

Tom,
I cant know what kind of person kingtiger is, I can only react to what he writes.
And I dont really think things went ugly yet - neither of us IMO was rude, just blunt. I can only guess King is not used to meet someone ready to discuss things with him. Being strong in opinions and blunt usually makes most people resign from carrying conversation on. Now he has the problem with admitting he was mistaken, so by being strong and blunt tries to make me give up. Usually works, not here though LOL
Actually, I am finding this quite funny and if you go carefully thru this thread I guess you would agree it really is funny.
But dont bother, not worth your time.
cheers
czerpak
K62

Post by K62 »

If your balls were as big as your mouth, we would not be talking.

ORIGINAL: czerpak
pointing out your lies slowly becomes sorta daily habbit

Guys, Tom is right here. There was once a forum (mis)called "Art of Wargaming", where discussions of this "quality" were routine. That forum has been moved because Matrixgames no longer tolerates this kind of attitude. In the new location it is very appropriately called "the outhouse". You might consider taking your business there before some moderator walks by and moves it himself. [:-]
"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak" - John Adams
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

Wow, things got a bit ugly here since I was last here.

Well, I would say kingtiger is in my experience is a guy who has strong opinions (dont want to hurt you at all kingtiger), but he is ready to prove them, and he is a very good player. I think if rules are agreed any other move within the rules is fine (he does not share my view, see the hq question in our game). But he is not a liar, just a fair man with sometimes strong views:)

For the air mission limitations, it is maybe the houserule I agree with most. We can argue about the strength of a single air missions, but dozens of even little damage's will cripple any unit. Air suppriority means 2-3 sure attacker succes every turn with unlimited air missions. And that hurts big time against a good player. This will make the war all about the air war, which was important, but not the only factor.

I think you hit the nail on the head. This topic is about 1 issue and 1 issue only, that is air limmits, not about the time 1st time I visisited the blitz club.
My status in blitz CW ladder is INACTIVE, which means there were no games reported in last 12 months. So would you be so kind and tell us WHEN was that last time you looked at blitz and I had no wins then ?
\

I think you spelled it out for yourself in your statement. If you have not been inactive for 12 months, I would of not looked at it in the last 12 months then? And since you have played more games than I 1st notices would that time frame be greater? Go to the games ladder on the blitz and look at the games you played. Go down the list and look up the date of your 1st win. There a good chance I seen your profile before that win. Do I have to explain the most simplest things to you?

If you have not forgoten, this is about AIRMISSIONS restrictions.

To give you some courage, I will not attack on Germany's 1st turn.
You are worried about rules for our challenge? no rules then.
Do you need more concessions to prove me wrong?

Ps This is about AIRMISSIONS and dont get side tracked
Pss Just in case I have not mentioned it, this is about AIRMISSIONS and dont get side tracked.
psss Ohhh, dont forget this is about AIRMISSIONS and not insults

czerpak

Post by czerpak »

I think you hit the nail on the head. This topic is about 1 issue and 1 issue only, that is air limmits, not about the time 1st time I visisited the blitz club.
\

I think you spelled it out for yourself in your statement. If you have not been inactive for 12 months, I would of not looked at it in the last 12 months then? And since you have played more games than I 1st notices would that time frame be greater? Go to the games ladder on the blitz and look at the games you played. Go down the list and look up the date of your 1st win. There a good chance I seen your profile before that win. Do I have to explain the most simplest things to you?

If you have not forgoten, this is about AIRMISSIONS restrictions.

To give you some courage, I will not attack on Germany's 1st turn.
You are worried about rules for our challenge? no rules then.
Do you need more concessions to prove me wrong?

Ps This is about AIRMISSIONS and dont get side tracked
Pss Just in case I have not mentioned it, this is about AIRMISSIONS and dont get side tracked.
psss Ohhh, dont forget this is about AIRMISSIONS and not insults

sure it is not about time who visited this forum and when, so why you were first one to bring it up ?

OK, here are my first two games ever reported at blitz :
13 Germany czerpak Draken Russia Draw 1941 Campaign WiR 2002-09-09
14 Germany czerpak CRAZY_HORSE007 Russia Decisive Loss 1941 Campaign WiR 2002-07-23

So please accept my apology - you werent lying about that. BTW I couldnt remember history of my games myself, so right now I had to go to Blitz and check it. I have great respect for your memory - you must have checked my record at Blitz in period covering time from 23 july 2002 to 9 september 2002 , the only time when I had only losses reported ( to be precise - 1 lost game), and still remember it few days ago. Congratulations.

Why I should be worried about rules for the game which will never happen ?

No, I wont play you.
Just in case you havent noticed - no, I wont play you etc
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

So please accept my apology - you werent lying about that. BTW I couldnt remember history of my games myself, so right now I had to go to Blitz and check it. I have great respect for your memory - you must have checked my record at Blitz in period covering time from 23 july 2002 to 9 september 2002 , the only time when I had only losses reported ( to be precise - 1 lost game), and still remember it few days ago. Congratulations.

Why I should be worried about rules for the game which will never happen ?

No, I wont play you.
Just in case you havent noticed - no, I wont play you etc

No problems, now can we put this behind us plz?
czerpak

Post by czerpak »

yup, no problem.
Wish you many good WiR games (I mean it, not trying to be sarcastic or something)
cheers
czerpak

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”