The Gamers

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

tanker4145

The Gamers

Post by tanker4145 »

One thing I'd love to see is some of The Gamer's stuff turned into PC games.

I love their Tactical Combat Series (TCS), but think they'd be pretty tough to port due to their command and control rules. These involved drawing the graphics out on copies of map overlays for each mission and units assigned. Then, each turn you could start rolling to see if they were implemented with various nations having different modifiers, plus modifiers for size of units involved, and amount of time that passed between making the op order sheet and trying to implement. Pure genius in my book. I'd love to see them though if anyone could do it.

I think their Operational Combat Series (OCS) is really doable though and would love to see it. My favorite is their Africa Corp and Tunisia ones (not sure what the Africa Corp one is called exactly, can't remember off the top of my head). They were great and I think wouldn't present too much of a problem to port over. I loved how supply played a very important part in the game as did experience/quality of each unit. By far my favorite Operational WWII games. I think they'd blow the Panzer Campaign series out of the water.

I've never played any of thier Civil War series, but did own one and read the rules and liked them.

Just my 2 cents. Wondering what everyone else thinks?

Return to “General Discussion”