Panzer Corps 2: 2021 World Championship Begins

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Edmon

Panzer Corps 2: 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by Edmon »

The first round of the Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship has begun and we're kicking off with the first of our new to multiplayer maps. 

"Bug River" is one of the iconic maps from the original Panzer Corps 2 single player campaign, but has now been re-imagined for multiplayer. It will be the first map competitors will play in the World Championship Tournament.

Rudankort, the lead developer of Panzer Corps 2, had this to say about the new map:

"From my experience playing this map I can add that it is a small square map (19x21 hex) which at the same time offers a big variety of strategic options. Exactly a kind of a map which I personally enjoy the most."

Historically, this battle occured on the 15th of September also and was an offensive in Eastern Poland. Interestingly, it was also the 15th of September when Russia signed the agreement that freed them to invade just days later.

The map will be coming to standard multiplayer along with our next patch. It is also our intent to add an extra map for every round of the tournament and to have these maps also make their way to standard multiplayer. The roster of multiplayer maps will therefore be greatly expanded as the tournament progresses.

We wish everyone playing the best of luck.

The first round will end in 21 days from now, so be certain to complete your match before that time.
Slitherine Games - Community Manager - Italian Office

Any questions, concerns or comments about our Community Forums or Games? You are always welcome to drop me a PM.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”