Ottoman Empire

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

kcsal

Ottoman Empire

Post by kcsal »

Formed the Ottoman Empire as Spanish player. Did my builds for the Empire then went to do Spanish builds and found what turned out to be 18 extra MP available. Built militia with them to just keep the game moving and then didn't place them in the reinforcement phase. In that same phase I found two corps counters available to be placed (Morocco & Syria, I hadn't paid for either in the prior econ phase) and four Ottoman infantry. Obviously something is awry with the extra MP available to the Spaniards but what of the paid for corps counters and four infantry? Is that normal and why?
pzgndr

RE: Ottoman Empire

Post by pzgndr »

I set up a playtest as Spain. Set North Africa countries to Spain conquered. Advanced to eco. Built a few infantry for Spain and noted leftover money and manpower. Then created Ottoman and built some infantry and cav. Then went back to Spain and verified money and manpower was unchanged, and built some more. Seemed OK.

I then advanced to reinf. Note that Ottoman starts with all initial forces and counters to be placed. I think this is to be expected for any initial setups of minors, all counters available and any/all factors that are in play. I think the same applies for other minors that players may create as Free States, build forces, and perhaps lose if they go into instability, etc. If/when those minors are reactivated later, they should start with the forces they had previously.

So I'm guessing the 'extra' 18 MP were Ottoman survivors (surrenders) from previous conquests. Once reactivated as Ottoman, all of those counters and factors become available for placement. Again, I think this is OK and to be expected. I'd be interested to hear of any other cases where players created a kingdom and saw something similar.

Attachments
Ottoman.jpg
Ottoman.jpg (895.53 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”