Resource Consumers should add storage equal to 1 turn of consumption

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

Resource Consumers should add storage equal to 1 turn of consumption

Post by zgrssd »

I was in a discussion about Energy Supply/Storage recently. And my realisation was:
With the current way you Delivery, Consumption and Produciton is handeled, every asset that consumes a resource should provide storage for that amount of resources.

Using Fuel as a example:
If a truck station needs 400 Fuel/Season, then it propably has storage for ~400 Fuel:
It has the Gastanks of the trucks themself.
It will also likely have lager Storage tanks on whatever area is set aside for them.

The result would be that storage is primarily a thing you need for military units - not for the Economy.
Maerchen

RE: Resource Consumers should add storage equal to 1 turn of consumption

Post by Maerchen »

Good find, and good idea!
The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
postfux

Post by postfux »

I think it is great idea to have storage at zone level and not (only) abstracted at SHQ.

Iron gets shipped around useless a lot because actual need is different than the stocks provided by the AI.

It is also more logical that SHQ would acquire its need from the zones than the other way round.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: postfux

I think it is great idea to have storage at zone level and not (only) abstracted at SHQ.

Iron gets shipped around useless a lot because actual need is different than the stocks provided by the AI.

It is also more logical that SHQ would acquire its need from the zones than the other way round.
Currently the game keeps 1 turn of consumption (2 for food) in the Zone.
All Resources exceeding that are send to the SHQ.
All unused storage is transfered to the SHQ.

I am not sure what change you are asking for. Zones just randomly keeping some material "just in case" it needs it? That would be a huge issue when resources are limited.
postfux

Post by postfux »

The game keeps the consumtion of the current turn in the zone and sends the rest to SHQ.

Next turn, should consumption be higher than zone storage SHQ sends resources to meet demand. Therefore zones send resources around needless:

At end of turn X zone A sends 200 iron to SHQ. At beginning of turn X+1 zone A requests 100 iron from SHQ because it has a new asset to build and at the end of X+1 zone A agains sends 100 iron to SHQ because it still has more supply than projected demand.

It would be more efficient to have storage at zone level. The zone can meet its own demand and then ship away any surplus to other zones/ HQs.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”