I updated my D21 mod

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
larryfulkerson

I updated my D21 mod

Post by larryfulkerson »

updatedD21_lgf (08/07/2021)
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... ey=�

I gave all the Axis units an airmobile capability so that only the paratroopers can land on non-airfield hexes and the rest of the units must
fly from one friendly airfield to another friendly airfield. We'll need to make that a house rule. This is to give the Axis military the
ability to fly units instead of having to rely on the rails to move units from here to there. I've boosted the Axis air cap. to 15,000 to
give the Axis the ability to move approx. 6 divisions per turn. Less if armour is flying ( it's heavier ).
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
golden delicious

RE: I updated my D21 mod

Post by golden delicious »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I gave all the Axis units an airmobile capability so that only the paratroopers can land on non-airfield hexes and the rest of the units must
fly from one friendly airfield to another friendly airfield. We'll need to make that a house rule. This is to give the Axis military the
ability to fly units instead of having to rely on the rails to move units from here to there. I've boosted the Axis air cap. to 15,000 to
give the Axis the ability to move approx. 6 divisions per turn. Less if armour is flying ( it's heavier ).

While the Germans did (relatively) routinely move infantry by air;
1) Clearly armour isn't moving by air. The ability of the Luftwaffe to move anything bigger than e.g. a 75mm howitzer was pretty limited because of the types of aircraft they had.
2) Six divisions is a lot- a real lot. I would have suggested one or two. Isn't this going to mean that Paulus just zips out of Stalingrad without a care in the world?
"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

both of your points are excellent and worth implementing. Thanks.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

The Germans managed to move several divisions at once using these behemoths.

Attachments
steampunk_..db8r4df.jpg
steampunk_..db8r4df.jpg (169.43 KiB) Viewed 241 times
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I heard through the grapevine that the Germans were negotiating with Elon Musk for his point to point services using the Falcon 9. That way he could move 100 people at a time from Berlin to Moscow in 30 minutes. The problem was the price he was asking. He wanted twenty brazillian US dollars per trip. And in case you don't know that's a great deal of money.

Attachments
fighter-je..ed-gif-3.gif
fighter-je..ed-gif-3.gif (1.87 MiB) Viewed 241 times
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I definitely need to go add those Tiger II's to my Gettysburg scenario.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Germany did have a large transport. Started out as a glider. Me321 became Me323. Carried up to 23 tons. But not very fast.

Attachments
Bundesarch..ransport.jpg
Bundesarch..ransport.jpg (61.32 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

golden delicious

Post by golden delicious »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Germany did have a large transport. Started out as a glider. Me321 became Me323. Carried up to 23 tons.

I'm aware of that- but there were only about 200 built, as compared to nearly 5,000 Ju-52.

Even if the whole fleet of Me-323s ever built were available at the same time, and even if each one carried a tank, and even if loading and unloading were not a major operation, you still would not be lifting a whole panzer division in one go, what with all the supporting vehicles and such.
"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

[:D] I'm not arguing anything. I'm just putting out an interesting factoid. [:D]

See, this is how things get blown out of proportion. [:D]

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Looks like a lot of the people that flew in that thing got air sick. [;)]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”