AE and Linux

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mifune

AE and Linux

Post by Mifune »

Anyone else going boldly with AE with Linux. If so I would like to compare results. I am running Linux Mint 20.2 and a 4k TV. I have a couple of quirks and wondering how other have made out. I believe it is wine related but of course I am not sure.
Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.
gervabit

RE: AE and Linux

Post by gervabit »

I run it through a virtualbox with XP, the only drawback I see is that I have to use it in full screen, I tried wine, but I couldn't get it to work.
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

full screen is one issue I have and no sound is the other. Though window and most of the Performance Switches seem to be fine. The sound I wonder if it is my wine in particular. Besides the sound issue is secondary to me right now. I already had a feeling that Full Screen would be problematic. I can not seem to be able to force that. Of course the Window looks great at 4K resolution. Maybe it is time to go back and retouch some of my art though I would like to see the game at Full Screen I really would like to see AE shine.
Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Korvar has a thread in the stickied area about how to get the game running in full screen on Win10. Perhaps some of that will apply to Linux too.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “Tech Support”