Quick Questions Thread

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Arthurius

RE: Quick Questions Thread

Post by Arthurius »

I can't bring Soviet Air Groups from Reserves because minimal morale is set from 59 to 81, but 128 of 132 my Air Groups have morale below 55. Can i change this to another values? For example from 45 to 65?
Arthurius

Post by Arthurius »

OK, I got It. I can't bring Air Groups which are send to Reserves during previous turn and has red label.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Beethoven1

Is it possible to repair re-located Soviet factories significantly faster by assigning any support/construction units to them (and/or priority repair)? I tried testing it and didn't notice any effect. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible and the repair proceeds at a fixed rate?

I think the move damage can't be repaired more quickly, since the basic idea is to give the Soviets their historical (near enough) industrial production. If they got extra damage (bombing most likely) then yes you could speed up the recovery of that element
gw15

Post by gw15 »

Looking at the production screen it shows 1,292 in the 76.2mm M27 Inf gun pool. 477 units have it in their TOE. I click on the Ground Element Map and it shows only 548 in Pool with 90 in the (Trans). What is the difference between the 1,292 and 548? Are these guns somewhere else?
related question, looking at my reserve pool I have many artillery units that use that gun and they are on refit but they are not pulling these units out of the pool fast enough. Is there some limit on how many can be added to units each turn?

BTW, this game is so deep I lose track of time looking at the data and 4 hours later I need to eat. Great game.
Kel

Post by Kel »

Grand campaign,Turn 3.

In front of the german-rumanian advance in the south, I m trying to evacuate Odessa factories via the factory navigation screen
I can evacuate a number of factories (eg "Kiev to Omsk in 0 turn"). I can select Odessa hex and line in the Hi factory list among other cities?. Bt I can't select Odessa when I click the line under the group of factories where Odessa is listed it only proposes to move the last of the list ("set to relocate Heavy Industry from Kolomna to Kirov Yes/No"). Same thing when I choose Armamaments (there it proposes only to evacuate "NMoscow armament factories to Saratov")

Did I miss something to select a specific city for factory evacuation, as stated in the manual section 28.7.1 ? Thank you
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
GoodbyeBluesky

Post by GoodbyeBluesky »

Do Mountain Troops still get bonuses in Winter like they did in WITE1? If so how do these look like? They dont seem to suffer movement penalties or at least the italian Alpini seemed to not get them. Anything else?
Ekaton

Post by Ekaton »

I want to create a scenario that pretty much avoids the 1944 test, I’d like for it to continue until the Fall of Berlin and see how long I can hold, even against hopeless odds. I took the no sudden death scenario and essentially gave the enemy a lot of bonus VP points and lowered my watermark so that it currently stands at 270 VPs at the beginning. This, I guess, should pretty much help me avoid the major victory in 1944, is that reasonable? Will changing that affect anything else, like initiative change?
I need ten females for each male...
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

What would be the supply and morale loss effect of setting garrisons in ports under "siege" to Static? I notice besieged units in ports suffer from lots of attrition and morale loss, even in fort +2 size and with plenty of supplies. Would setting them to static change this, for better or for worse?
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Kel

Grand campaign,Turn 3.

In front of the german-rumanian advance in the south, I m trying to evacuate Odessa factories via the factory navigation screen
I can evacuate a number of factories (eg "Kiev to Omsk in 0 turn"). I can select Odessa hex and line in the Hi factory list among other cities?. Bt I can't select Odessa when I click the line under the group of factories where Odessa is listed it only proposes to move the last of the list ("set to relocate Heavy Industry from Kolomna to Kirov Yes/No"). Same thing when I choose Armamaments (there it proposes only to evacuate "NMoscow armament factories to Saratov")

Did I miss something to select a specific city for factory evacuation, as stated in the manual section 28.7.1 ? Thank you

if it wasn't historically evacuated you can't move it.

To be honest, just forget all about the focus in WiTE1 on Soviet factory moves, they happen at or before the historic date for those that moved historically
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

I want to create a scenario that pretty much avoids the 1944 test, I’d like for it to continue until the Fall of Berlin and see how long I can hold, even against hopeless odds. I took the no sudden death scenario and essentially gave the enemy a lot of bonus VP points and lowered my watermark so that it currently stands at 270 VPs at the beginning. This, I guess, should pretty much help me avoid the major victory in 1944, is that reasonable? Will changing that affect anything else, like initiative change?

suggest post in the modding forum, more chance of someone picking it up
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

What would be the supply and morale loss effect of setting garrisons in ports under "siege" to Static? I notice besieged units in ports suffer from lots of attrition and morale loss, even in fort +2 size and with plenty of supplies. Would setting them to static change this, for better or for worse?

no particular gain, no particular loss. Static still take attrition, so it depends if you want to have the AP changes and the possible problem of a local truck shortage when you make them mobile again
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

When the AI creates Soviet Air Groups, is this scripted according to a schedule, or what parameters does it take in regard? It would make sense to create air groups, containing air models available in great numbers, yet I find it doesn´t for now (spring 42). Any input appreciated.

Thanks!
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
Rosencrantus

Post by Rosencrantus »

I have some fighter groups that aren't assigned to any air directive and they aren't auto intercepting any soviet ground attack (F3) missions. Should I just use air superiority missions instead? in my games against the AI they intercept but in my PBEM game they are just sitting there doing nothing against dozens of ground attack missions.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

When the AI creates Soviet Air Groups, is this scripted according to a schedule, or what parameters does it take in regard? It would make sense to create air groups, containing air models available in great numbers, yet I find it doesn´t for now (spring 42). Any input appreciated.

Thanks!

afaik, its historical.

You'll find some instances where it appears you have more planes than units. The reason is that most Soviet players try to use the VVS more cautiously than historical practice
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

A number of Soviet SAD AOGs will
(ahistorically) be retained in early 1942 and will be
renamed in early Summer 1942. In addition, five of the SAD
commands will be retained and will convert to ShAD AOGs
in early Summer 1942.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Kel

Post by Kel »

ok thank you very much loki100
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
gw15

Post by gw15 »

gw15

Post by gw15 »

ORIGINAL: gw15

Looking at the production screen it shows 1,292 in the 76.2mm M27 Inf gun pool. 477 units have it in their TOE. I click on the Ground Element Map and it shows only 548 in Pool with 90 in the (Trans). What is the difference between the 1,292 and 548? Are these guns somewhere else?
related question, looking at my reserve pool I have many artillery units that use that gun and they are on refit but they are not pulling these units out of the pool fast enough. Is there some limit on how many can be added to units each turn?

BTW, this game is so deep I lose track of time looking at the data and 4 hours later I need to eat. Great game.
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

When a leader commands a composite unit, say a Soviet Tank Corps, consisting of both infantry and Motorized (Tank) parts, do they use their respective leader values for each component? Or would the entire unit be considered at "Tank" unit and the only command rating that matters is the mechanized value?

Thanks!
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I think each combat unit does a leader check, and uses the value that is appropriate for that ground unit.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”