French re-conquest

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Gar-Dog

French re-conquest

Post by Gar-Dog »

I'm not sure how this happened exactly... But here's the chronology:

1. On the prior turn (Nov/Dec 1945) Italy collapsed Vichy, which set all the Vichy territories to Free French and allowed lots of navies to escape. I can't recall if the new French Home Country was declared as Middle Congo or Cameroons, but it was selected... That all seemed to go OK.
2. At the end of (Nov/Dec 1945), in the Conquest phase, France was listed as Completely Conquered. Many of the French areas that had been Vichy but were conquered by someone else were reverted back to Neutral even if directly conquered by others (Martinique pushed out the American navy that had conquered it earlier).
3. The Free French, which had just been created, then "sort of" ceased to exist; lots of weird things started happening. The French navies were generally reverted to Britain, but a few Japanese convoys at sea were pushed to the British (in the Bay of Japan!!?!?), the Free French repair pool switched over to Italy & Japan, and a couple other odd things I really don't recall right now.

I've attached this savegame of right before the Conquest phase.
Attachments
Francecom..onquered.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Gar-Dog

RE: French re-conquest

Post by Gar-Dog »

Nobody is able to recreate this? There's no real workaround...
Gar-Dog

RE: French re-conquest

Post by Gar-Dog »

A few turns later, after the Free French based in the Cameroons went ==Neutral== (along with all the colonies), the Brits got a few units stuck in the now-neutral Cameroons. I took some license and edited the units out of internment, and conquered Gabon the same turn (Mar/Apr 1946). After this was done, the neutral Cameroons suddenly became aligned to Germany again.

For troubleshooting, I suspect a fair chunk of this is because I stupidly sent my navy out of France on the turn of conquest and therefore all colonies went Vichy, and France was completely conquered. France does not recover gracefully at all from that completely conquered state! These units are going to have a full time job doing "Whack-a-Mole" on all the French colonies as they are liberated, and then say "just kidding" and revert back to German control.

See attached savegame of the Mar/April US Production phase (just before the conquest phase goes whacky).
Attachments
Francewhi..legiance.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

Return to “Tech Support”