Halfway through my 1st campaign - game crash during AI turn

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

PaulAllen1982

Halfway through my 1st campaign - game crash during AI turn

Post by PaulAllen1982 »

Hi all,

I'm halfway through my first Axis campaign in this game and am really enjoying it.
Unfortunately I've just hit an issue where the game crashes during the AI turn. I've tried restarting the game 3 times and reloading the save but it still occurs.

There is no error message, it just drops me back to the desktop.
(this is on the Steam version)

I tried to upload the save file here but I get a weird "fakepath" error so I've uploaded it to the location below (should be available until 10th June)
If you load it and then finish the turn you should hopefully see what I mean.
https://www.filemail.com/d/pseadqoobinaiko

Any tips on how to resolve this would be appreciated.
PaulAllen1982

RE: Halfway through my 1st campaign - game crash during AI turn

Post by PaulAllen1982 »

Short update: it appears that the crash occurs every time after the Soviet AI attacks a unit that I have in place north of Odessa.

If I move that unit out of the way (7th infantry division, 3rd Romanian Army), the turns processes for longer but still ends up crashing at a later stage (I think during another attack).

PaulAllen1982

Post by PaulAllen1982 »

Another update sorry - I reverted to a save 2 turns ago and seem to have now moved past the affected turn without any issue. No idea what was causing it but I'll definitely by mindful to keep a manual save of the previous 1-2 turns in case I need to revert back.

At least now I can resume my campaign to kick in the rotten door of the house of Bolshevism.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

Good to hear you managed to play around the bug. Which must have been extremely rare.

In any case.. Thanks for the save game.

I will attempt to fix this when I do a next patch. (which might be some time off)

Having said that... If it happens to you again in your current game then send me mail directly to vic@vrdesigns.net

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
PaulAllen1982

Post by PaulAllen1982 »

Hi Vic,
thanks for the response.
No problem, I understand that this would not be a priority.

I'll keep an eye out for any further cases of this though and drop you an email if one should occur.

Thanks
Zeethron

Re: Halfway through my 1st campaign - game crash during AI turn

Post by Zeethron »

I have the same problem at the same point of the game when moving forward to the next turn in September - can you assist?

Return to “Tech Support”