[1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles

Moderator: Vic

mbison

[1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles

Post by mbison »

No matter how hard I try I cannot get an ultralight to fit small missiles. According to the description it should allow max up to level 1 missiles (which I assume are small missiles).

It is listed that light aircraft are able to fit up to level 2 missiles, and it indeed does allow me to fit both small and medium missiles.

So there's definitely a bug here somewhere - either the description for ultralight aircraft is wrong or something causes me to not be able to fit small missiles on them.
Attachments
ultralight.jpg
ultralight.jpg (29.87 KiB) Viewed 134 times
bvoid

RE: [1.09.00] Ultralight planes unable to fit missiles

Post by bvoid »

Last time I looked at stats it was better to use machineguns anyway - was that fixed?

Oh - and helicopters can get much better dogfighting stats! A lot of stuff needs adjusting.
Soar_Slitherine

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

Unlike machineguns, missiles don't take an attack penalty in the first few combat rounds in air combat, so they get a first strike advantage.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: mbison

No matter how hard I try I cannot get an ultralight to fit small missiles. According to the description it should allow max up to level 1 missiles (which I assume are small missiles).

It is listed that light aircraft are able to fit up to level 2 missiles, and it indeed does allow me to fit both small and medium missiles.

So there's definitely a bug here somewhere - either the description for ultralight aircraft is wrong or something causes me to not be able to fit small missiles on them.

its a maximum limit, not a minimal assured placement.

And if the ultralight does not support the weight of the missile it cannot be installed.

sorry there.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Soar_Slitherine

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

What's actually preventing missiles/rockets from being installed on ultralights is not the weight, it's that in the SE_Airforce -> Flex Model Type Choices table, out of fixed-wing aircraft, the smallest missiles & rockets are only set to be available to model types 102 to 109, ultralights being model type 101.
LORDPrometheus

Post by LORDPrometheus »

Aww no Bazooka Charlie
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

What's actually preventing missiles/rockets from being installed on ultralights is not the weight, it's that in the SE_Airforce -> Flex Model Type Choices table, out of fixed-wing aircraft, the smallest missiles & rockets are only set to be available to model types 102 to 109, ultralights being model type 101.
"The two biggest problems in programming are Nameing things, cache invalidations and off-by-one errors."

Return to “Tech Support”