How did you learn/want to learn WarPlan?

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

AlvaroSousa

How did you learn/want to learn WarPlan?

Post by AlvaroSousa »

I am doing some research on in game help and help files. We have rules, in game help, tutorials. I want to better instruct for the next game. While a game like Strategic Command is very easy to pick up (I never read the rules unless I needed a game mechanic) WarPlan is a more intricate game that uses various keys to simply moving many units. So there is a difference between the ease of play for the two.

So the question is how did you learn WarPlan
AND
What have you noticed

### Multiple choices are allowed ###

One thing I am not doing because it is way too time consuming and difficult is in game video walk through tutorials. There is too much to cover.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
sillyflower

RE: How did you learn/want to learn WarPlan?

Post by sillyflower »

Always read the manual 1st: even the 800 pages of WiTE 2.
Then play the tutorial (don't care about format: only the quality ) and refer back to the manual as and when. From memory (which is fast fading) there wasn't a tutorial for WP, but that was OK because I have played lots of similar games.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “WarPlan”