Less wide Factions

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

Less wide Factions

Post by zgrssd »

Factions have all kinds of problems, but I think the core is that they are set up to "wide":
The average faction has 2-3 Profiles it cares for.
If I do not follow all of them, the faction will hardly ever be happy with me.
Those are also 2-3 profiles that no other faction can have, leading to all kinds of wierd issues.

I think each faction should only have 2 Profiles - one primary at +++ and one secondary at +.
No two factions should have the same profile as primary.
Meanwhile there can be unlimited duplicates of secondary profiles - and even a bunch that have it as secondary, if there is already a faciton with that as primary.

But you should even consider going down to single profile Factions. However in that case, it could be hard to match every leader to a Faction and have factions impact the Proile of the leaders.
Peresvet

RE: Less wide Factions

Post by Peresvet »

Actually, it is not true. It is possible to have pretty good relations with a faction even if there is no matching profiles at all, let alone matching 1 or 2 profiles out of 3. However, it indeed requires some political prudence and caution. The current system forces you to account for the needs of your factions and leaders when making decisions and appointing leaders. Doing "the right thing", while ignoring leaders' opinions doesn't work very well. Not sure if it is good or not. Probably, it is good for a 4x strategy and just an unnecessary hurdle for a wargame.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

This is more about Faction Demands than (directly) about Leader Profiles.

Aiming to have all 6 Regime Feats for a Profile when one of your important factions has another one as a preference in the same profile triad might be very hard to pull off in the long term :
(Though maybe I've found a loophole ?)
fb.asp?m=5020895
Obviously, the stronger and the more numerous a faction preferences are, the more this is a problem.

Of course, it might be by design.

(Alternatively, I might be suffering from a bug.)
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

This is more about Faction Demands than (directly) about Leader Profiles.

Aiming to have all 6 Regime Feats for a Profile when one of your important factions has another one as a preference in the same profile triad might be very hard to pull off in the long term :
(Though maybe I've found a loophole ?)
fb.asp?m=5020895
Obviously, the stronger and the more numerous a faction preferences are, the more this is a problem.

Of course, it might be by design.

(Alternatively, I might be suffering from a bug.)
No, this thread that I started has nothing to do with Faction demands.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”