[WAD] ASW helicopter not ready during mission time

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Ghost0815

[WAD] ASW helicopter not ready during mission time

Post by Ghost0815 »

I have a problem in Surface Tutorial 1.4 - the helicopter will not be ready to launch during the mission time - mission goes for 1 day - Time to ready: 1day 14h!

The helicopter is needed in the last part of the turorial.

Version 1.02.114714
guanotwozero

RE: Tutorial BUG - ASW helicopter not ready during mission time

Post by guanotwozero »

Yes, I can see that - as soon as I open the scenario the helo's readiness time is 2 days.

B1147.21
c3k

Post by c3k »

ORIGINAL: Ghost0815

I have a problem in Surface Tutorial 1.4 - the helicopter will not be ready to launch during the mission time - mission goes for 1 day - Time to ready: 1day 14h!

The helicopter is needed in the last part of the turorial.

Version 1.02.114714

What is so broken on the helo that it needs 1 day and 14 hours (38 hours???) to be ready to fly?

To me, the issue is not so much that the tutorial is missing a needed tool (yeah, it's important, but...)

THE issue is that extended time until the asset can launch.

Edit: the above, in blue, is totally moot. As Rory states, below, the helo will not launch until a trigger is reached. That's part of the tutorial.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

You've played the mission to its conclusion before posting this as a bug, right?

There is a trigger that makes the helo ready when you need it, if you are following the instructions in the scenario.

If you reach a point where you are told via message the helicopter is ready, and it's not, then please post a save file so we can investigate.
Ghost0815

Post by Ghost0815 »

Okay, i found my error, as you say, there is a trigger, which reduces the waiting time for the launch of the ASW helicopter - I was not close enough to RP Foxtrot.
Thanks for the help.
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

No problem! Glad everything is working as intended. Next time I do a run over the tutorials I'll add a note to explain this so others don't get confused.

Return to “Tech Support”