Sensei and slave trader are OP

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Sieppo

Sensei and slave trader are OP

Post by Sieppo »

You can milk endlessly cap IV leaders from the sensei and buy 2000pop every turn from the slave trader, I think these are OP and should be nerfed.
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Pymous

RE: Sensei and slave trader are OP

Post by Pymous »

Sorry for this, but you created this in my head

[Mod]Shadow Stratagems Artpack for Shadow Empire game.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

P.S. Thanks again for the excellent strat graphics!
> A diamond?
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Ive used the sensei before for multiple turns and dint get any cap 4 leaders. I did get very good cap 2 and 3 leaders with good war stats - which fits with the context of the card.

Secondly - you pay a price in terms of you increase your fist profile - which is troublesome if you dont want a high fist profile becasue you want a mind / heart profile. The Sensei did have a limited life as well - same with the talk to AI card - once youve done it x amount of times it goes....

I dont think these are over powered - I would say more are needed especially for Meritocracy, Heart and and enforcement - or Ive just not seen these yet....
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: GazBot

Ive used the sensei before for multiple turns and dint get any cap 4 leaders. I did get very good cap 2 and 3 leaders with good war stats - which fits with the context of the card.

Secondly - you pay a price in terms of you increase your fist profile - which is troublesome if you dont want a high fist profile becasue you want a mind / heart profile. The Sensei did have a limited life as well - same with the talk to AI card - once youve done it x amount of times it goes....

I dont think these are over powered - I would say more are needed especially for Meritocracy, Heart and and enforcement - or Ive just not seen these yet....

Yeah in all my previous games I have always straight away recruited the sensei as he always is a cap V leader. In my current game I have recruited my 6ish army leaders from him and now 2-3 new guys into my cabinet. Each and every one has been IV so they learn anything very quickly, so can be used basically in any position especially with the cabinet retreat strat. So I have presumed he has no limit. Just need to wait until he has a new gladiator to sell into my service. Have not have to use the recruit talent card or any recruitment card actually. The fist profile increase has also been very meager, I think around 2-5 points.
> A diamond?
bvoid

Post by bvoid »

Mainframe AI is also very good. If you have a leader with good oratory skill you can get a free discovery every turn.
newageofpower

Post by newageofpower »

ORIGINAL: bvoid

Mainframe AI is also very good. If you have a leader with good oratory skill you can get a free discovery every turn.
Skill difficulty goes up every time you use it, even with 60 Charisma and every +Cha item in the game it's impractical to pass a 300+ check, and if you do, the next one is probably 330ish or whatever

Return to “Shadow Empire”