[1.08.1b] Replace functionality : Unit type reset to old type next turn

Moderator: Vic

TonkinRaider

[1.08.1b] Replace functionality : Unit type reset to old type next turn

Post by TonkinRaider »

After using replace function on an aircraft unit card (light aircraft), replacing it with new model, on the start of the next turn the unit type was reset to the original type and new equipment was sent back to the SHQ.

To reproduce the bug I did following:

Produce units in SHQ which you want to use.

On unit card (the model/troops popup) that appears after clicking on the image of the unit, choose "Replace" option and replaced the old units with new units.

End your turn. The map will load with original units types with new units back in SHQ (the replacement process reversed).

I tested this in my game with helicopter unit and light aircraft unit with same results.
However when tested with a motorcycle unit the replacement worked as intended.

Additional note which may be of relevance: The new aircraft units that I tried to use instead, were not based on same model as the units that were supposed to be replaced.
BlueTemplar

RE: [1.08.1b] Replace functionality : Unit type reset to old type next turn

Post by BlueTemplar »

Check your model qualities. Obsolete quality subunits *always* get sent back to the SHQ (if LPs permit).
For other qualities, it depends on the unit / formation settings that you've used.
TonkinRaider

RE: [1.08.1b] Replace functionality : Unit type reset to old type next turn

Post by TonkinRaider »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Check your model qualities. Obsolete quality subunits *always* get sent back to the SHQ (if LPs permit).
For other qualities, it depends on the unit / formation settings that you've used.

That cannot be the issue here. I tested with different quality levels too with exact same result. The only thing I did not test with is obsolete mode since I have units where I want to keep the old model for now.

Return to “Tech Support”