[1.08.05] Scrap assets can target unowned zones

Moderator: Vic

Elver

[1.08.05] Scrap assets can target unowned zones

Post by Elver »

[Edit: updated title from 1.08.04b to 1.08.05 after verifying this still is occurring.]

Per subject. You can target zones you do not own with asset cards created via the scrap system. If there's an enemy city in the unowned zone, it will create the asset, but if not the card is still consumed. I assume the scrap cards should instead be prompting "INVALID TARGET is not a friendly zone." messages when you try to target zones that you don't own.

I don't have a game where I can test if they can target zones with a level III asset of their type, but under the circumstances that might be worth verifying as well.
zgrssd

RE: [1.08.04b] Scrap assets can target unowned zones

Post by zgrssd »

Note that a lot of data is stored in the save. This includes but is not limited to:
- Events
- Stratagems
- Model data
- OOB data
- Asset data

This data is set by the version that created a savegame - including a planet creation savegame. Fixes need a savegame created from scratch to take effect.
Those extra checks are just about the thing that is stored in the savegame.

I am not saying the problem is not there, but verify your savegame version is as high as your play version. Both and more can be seen on the Reports-> Empire Overview ->Scenario Version tooltip.
Elver

Post by Elver »

It was a new game created from scratch last night immediately after downloading and installing the latest beta. If the savegame was an older version than the game itself, there's far worse problems going on than what I'm listing here. [:'(]

[Edit: but for the sake of completeness:

Attachments
version.jpg
version.jpg (26.82 KiB) Viewed 50 times
Elver

Post by Elver »

Just bumping this to note that this same problem still occurs in a new game with the latest patch (1.08.05). E.g., I generated a Democratic Private VidCom card, targeted the major regime next door, played the card, and a new Private VidCom I appeared in their capital.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reminding me! Just fixed it, will be in the next open beta.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Tech Support”