motorcycle regiments and guards limits

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

CapAndGown

motorcycle regiments and guards limits

Post by CapAndGown »

I have a bunch of guards motorcycle regiments. (They were assigned to cavalry corps during the winter and so participated in a bunch of battles.) Do I need to disband them to make room for tank corps to become guards units?
chaos45

RE: motorcycle regiments and guards limits

Post by chaos45 »

nope...think all the motorcycle regiments can become guard...them, cav, para, and mountain dont have a limit if I remember right
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

I always disband them because its free good trucks to the truck pool
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Disbanding them used to be the strategy....but since all the patches the motorcycle regiments actually end up as one of the highest CV support units for the soviets now should of the heavy tank regiments in 1943.....so until 1943 they are the best u get as an attachment to your corps now.

Its the massive issue patch after patch caused in that alot of soviet units lost combat power overall while the German army stayed about the same and why with supply changes they have had such a hard time getting balance right as they were pulling to many levers at once with changes....3 or so years ago you really couldnt win the game at all vs a decent German player....even now the top German players still think the game is abit pro German....most have moved on to other games or only playtesting WITE 2 now. I mainly just keep up on the forums and check in on games that post anymore.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

I'm still playing.

Don't disband, and at some point late 1941 you might build some more. 1 for each Army seems correct.

They like to commit to battles.
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

Thumbs up for the MC regiment.
Another use for them in the first year or so is to attach them to Fortified zone units where you wish to make them a bit more of an obstacle.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”