At dawn we slept...in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cap Mandrake

RE: At dawn we slept.....in the cab on the way back from Olongapo

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Quite an cosmic intersection of COVID surge, Stalker Girl's birthday week and then the absolutely relentless yapper dogs at the HOA.

I have got myself a yoga mat and I listen to "My Sweet Lord" on my Bose headphones at least once a day while I learn how to control my inner organs. I can definitely slow my heart rated down with mindful breathing but my duodenum and ileum pretty much do what they want. Anyway, it helps to control homicidal rages.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

The level of anxiety and depression among teens and now even the preteens and even 10 year olds is at a crisis point. The mental health system is crushed. I think we are buying ourselves a generation of trauma and impairment. We need to open up schools and sports programs.

It's like the siege of Leningrad but everyone is getting fat instead of starving because if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos instead of wandering around chasing a malnourished horse.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

So SG came up against one of those decade birthdays and this caused serious problems. She wanted a giant birthday at the golf club with 200 people, many flying in from elsewhere...but Gov Gruesome called the golf club personally from the French Laundry and told them to cancel. Usually you solve this kind of emergency by extravagant and wasteful spending..weekend in a nice hotel in Laguna $44 a plate brunch...etc. etc..but even this didn't work so we scaled the gold club thingy down to 12 and I have to say it was fun...although once 12 people catch on that everything is "free" there is a sudden surge of thirst and hunger. One woman came with this Asian guy I had met once before and as soon as he walked in three of the other chicks turned pale because they had all slept with the guy. SG called them the "tunnel sisters". [:D] Asian Don Juan. [:D] It was funnier than Hell...except for the public health implication perhaps.

An 81 year old guy from Indian India named "Ram" came by. Nice guy. Turns out he has the hots for SG and follows her on Facebook like a Labrador puppy.

In a true shocker, Pocahontas Girl got drunk and Panama Girl (Rashida) got drunk and kept lifting up PG's leather skirt and rubbing her ass and by some serious oversight PG had forgotten her BVD's. [:-] The married to a woman gay guy's retired bodyguard brother was sitting down and was staring at the other side (the shellfish side)....but he had already slept with PG it turns out so it wasn't a big deal.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

You should have asked that Asian Don Juan how that Herpes treatment is working out . . . [X(]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Ah...yes...the Wah

Almost forgot. To be concise, the attack on the Marianas did not achieve its goals. [;)]

Day 1: Complete tactical surprise. Guam AF smashed pretty good by TBF's. Tinian well hit as well. Some IJA medium bombers from Guam were slaughtered trying to attack the shipping as were a squadron of Vals from the Northernmost base. One LCI hit.

Maybe 40-50 planes shot down
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Cap Mandrake: ... if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos ...

I think you have diagnosed the reasons for your duodenum and ileum issues! [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The level of anxiety and depression among teens and now even the preteens and even 10 year olds is at a crisis point. The mental health system is crushed. I think we are buying ourselves a generation of trauma and impairment. We need to open up schools and sports programs.

It's like the siege of Leningrad but everyone is getting fat instead of starving because if you get bored and sad you just walk over to the fridge for some frozen burritos instead of wandering around chasing a malnourished horse.

So have electric bicycles invaded California yet. I almost got run over by an eight year old at the park. It's like parents are buying toys to compensate for lack of being able to do things.
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

One of the pool guys on the street uses an electric bike with a trailer. [:)]

They are all over the place.
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

Perhaps Cap was injured when his electric bike (probably with trailer attached) accidentally collided with the above... the world wonders...
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

Hopefully, he has not encountered the dread tumbleweed fire tornado...

Attachments
Tumbleweed..tornado.gif
Tumbleweed..tornado.gif (671.14 KiB) Viewed 226 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Hopefully, he has not encountered the dread tumbleweed fire tornado...

[:D]
I've seen the wall of tumbleweeds caught in barbed wire range fences. Never knew they set fire to them to clear them. Hope they get hazard pay ...
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Russians thistles, I think brought by German farmers from Russia . . .

― Julia Child

rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Supposedly accidentally introduced into the Dakotas with contaminated shipments of flax seeds.

UPDATE: The reason for Cap's absence is now apparent... the HOA posted this photo with its complaint to the Mandrakes... unfortunately (?), they have not been able to deliver the complaint to the front door.

Attachments
Prickly_Ru..lifornia.jpg
Prickly_Ru..lifornia.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 226 times
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Supposedly accidentally introduced into the Dakotas with contaminated shipments of flax seeds.

UPDATE: The reason for Cap's absence is now apparent... the HOA posted this photo with its complaint to the Mandrakes... unfortunately (?), they have not been able to deliver the complaint to the front door.

I do NOT recommend the fire tornado method of removal for those!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I do NOT recommend the fire tornado method of removal for those!

― Julia Child

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

No..real world intervenes. The HOA denied my roof shingles because they "appear to be asphalt and are too flammable. Try to find something else."

Meanwhile the existing roof wood shingles are from 1867 and would spontaneously ignite at 112F.

The things are A fire rated (highest rating) and are also rated to 130 mph winds. At 130 mph I would not have a single wood shingle left.

The HOA are corksoakers. Did I mention that?

Meanwhile I caved to SG and have hired an Israeli contractor to fix all the leaks and remodel 5 bathrooms plus the master bath and the kitchen and tear down the drywall from the leaks and refloor the Houston Astrodome. I'm not going to mention the quote but it would take me 100 years to do this myself. I'm not kidding. All the contractors are Israeli expats and the workers are all Mexican and Guatemalan expats

Also, before the Israelis destroyed the kitchen, SG made a great dinner and invited PG over and there was much wine and adult beverages and then I had reached my limit so I went upstairs to go to sleep and before you know it they come upstairs and wake me up and everyone is in their birthday suits and now she keeps trying to invite herself over for dinner...the poor dear.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

The next time that she comes over for dinner, have a recording set up to take pictures and audio . . . [:D]

Welcome back.

Find some ugly shingles and have a different style for different parts of the roof, then use some program to show how they would look on the house. Make several examples like that. Then show what you actually want.

Or consider solar panels or a steel roof.

― Julia Child

Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

No..real world intervenes. The HOA denied my roof shingles because they "appear to be asphalt and are too flammable. Try to find something else."

Meanwhile the existing roof wood shingles are from 1867 and would spontaneously ignite at 112F.

The things are A fire rated (highest rating) and are also rated to 130 mph winds. At 130 mph I would not have a single wood shingle left.

Meanwhile I caved to SG and have hired an Israeli contractor to fix all the leaks and remodel 5 bathrooms plus the master bath and the kitchen and tear down the drywall from the leaks and refloor the Houston Astrodome. I'm not going to mention the quote but it would take me 100 years to do this myself. I'm not kidding. All the contractors are Israeli expats and the workers are all Mexican and Guatemalan expats

Also, before the Israelis destroyed the kitchen, SG made a great dinner and invited PG over and there was much wine and adult beverages and then I had reached my limit so I went upstairs to go to sleep and before you know it they come upstairs and wake me up and everyone is in their birthday suits and now she keeps trying to invite herself over for dinner...the poor dear.
A lot of people here in San Antonio are replacing their shingles after the recent snow. About eight inches total. Those with solar panels have to have a contractor remove the panels before getting the roof done. Then they have to put them back on. I would be looking at metal shingles. But nobody around here seems to be doing it.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: Disco Duck

A lot of people here in San Antonio are replacing their shingles after the recent snow. About eight inches total. Those with solar panels have to have a contractor remove the panels before getting the roof done. Then they have to put them back on. I would be looking at metal shingles. But nobody around here seems to be doing it.

It is also very hard for metal roofs to burn but I don't think that they are actually shingles.

Heck, maybe even get different colored shingles to make a design on the roof. [:D]

Or even make words or a phrase on the roof, but I won't post my suggestions here. [:-]

― Julia Child

Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

ORIGINAL: Disco Duck

It is also very hard for metal roofs to burn but I don't think that they are actually shingles.

Heck, maybe even get different colored shingles to make a design on the roof. [:D]

Or even make words or a phrase on the roof, but I won't post my suggestions here. [:-]
https://www.metalroofingsource.com/meta ... /shingles/

Return to “After Action Reports”