Night?

Valor & Victory is a fast-playing, easy to learn World War II squad-level game system. Based on the original Valor & Victory board game, the digital edition provides you with an accessible and deep challenge, developed for classic tabletop game lovers.
ncc1701e

Night?

Post by ncc1701e »

In the rules, I don't see anything about night turns, dawn or anything like this. Am I mistaken?
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
joeyeti

RE: Night?

Post by joeyeti »

Nope, nothing like that,
Joe
yobowargames

Post by yobowargames »

That is correct. But I added in some weather effects to give some environmental feeling to the games. They can be turned off if desired.
YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Does the weather effects impact LOS?
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: yobowargames

That is correct. But I added in some weather effects to give some environmental feeling to the games. They can be turned off if desired.

I presume they do not affect gameplay as they can be turned off.

I would like to see LOS tempered by time of day.
joeyeti

Post by joeyeti »

Guys, you are making demands of the game that are not in the rules system. This would need to be playtested etc. and as far as I know Lance wanted to take an existing board wargame and make a PC version of it (with appropriate tweaks etc. of course).
Joe
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: joeyeti

Guys, you are making demands of the game that are not in the rules system. This would need to be playtested etc. and as far as I know Lance wanted to take an existing board wargame and make a PC version of it (with appropriate tweaks etc. of course).

These kind of suggestions are exactly why the forum exists. To indicate the type of features people would enjoy in the game.

Of course any added features would have to playtested. That is an important part of the beta process.
joeyeti

Post by joeyeti »

That is entirely up to Lance (and Barry Doyle as the designer of the original board wargame, depending on what they agreed upon).

But in my mind these things do complicate the elegant simplicity of the game.
Joe
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

My initial question was about the rules. But, I was told that there is an optional added rule regarding weather effects. Thus my question about LOS.

I understand perfectly the rules are simple and we are not trying to replicate ASL.
DingBat

Post by DingBat »

Just to drop a note: We read all the feedback here and, so far as I'm aware, we've never rejected any idea out of hand. In fact, we have quite a few playtester suggestions in the feature request list.

All I'd ask is to please remember that the pipeline has limited bandwidth. [:)]
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: DingBat

Just to drop a note: We read all the feedback here and, so far as I'm aware, we've never rejected any idea out of hand. In fact, we have quite a few playtester suggestions in the feature request list.

All I'd ask is to please remember that the pipeline has limited bandwidth. [:)]

It seems to me there is quite a bit of interest amongst tactical gamers. The inclusion of an editor ups that interest.

You may need a bigger pipe. [;)]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

The rules are sufficient on their own but...

Attachments
vv1.jpg
vv1.jpg (183.41 KiB) Viewed 278 times
JWW

Post by JWW »

I have not played the board game but am very interested in this project. I would say do a great job of getting the computer game out as a board game conversion as planned and then work on additions like night rules afterwards.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

I have not played the board game but am very interested in this project. I would say do a great job of getting the computer game out as a board game conversion as planned and then work on additions like night rules afterwards.

The above is logical, however the game is in the tactical gaming category.........and it has some very good competitors.

A few more common features like FOG, Weather, and time of day, that are not cosmetic, but have an effect on gameplay would help with sales.

It does have an editor which is a great feature. I wonder will there be a battle generator?

Return to “Valor & Victory”