Open Beta Patch v1.26d (22 april 2024)

Stop here if you are eager to try in advance new patches! Please note that these patches are not compatible with the Steam version of the game.

Moderator: Vic

zgrssd

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!)

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

According to this document by Vic, aircraft with non-rocket engines actually lose a lot of efficiency under very low air pressure, even if gravity is decreased by a similar ratio. It's not merely a matter of lift, most aircraft engines require air for combustion as well.
If this was really about Oxygen being used for the burning, fuel burning motors should not work on moons without atmosphere or planets without oxygen at all.
Every truckstop, buggy, truck and tank used on the Moon class tell us it is not a mater of oxygen.

I think it is a more a mater of having less air to push back, thus capping the speed way lower at the same rotation.
I think for any given specific tank, any specific engine has a specific operation duration. But if the air is denser, the speed archieved is higher. Meaning that at the same load, more distance is covered.

Still it does mean Atmosphere pressure has more of a impact then I expected. Based on those linked figures, I would say Pressure has a nearly linear impact on speed. Wich means it has a nearly linear impact on range as well.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Posted a big AI update with subversion .06 including AI making new Zones

Should also be faster again.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Clux

Post by Clux »

Lots of welcome changes to the AI and balances [:D], now we only need to know if small arms re-balance its "planned" or it requires more player input in order to be considered [;)]
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

Great update!

I had noticed all/most of the AI tank designs had howitzer guns (even tank destroyers) so hopefully "AI should construct tanks with HV guns as well now" makes a big difference.
stryc

Post by stryc »

AI Zones! I had a bit of a moan about that not so long ago. Good to see positive movement in this direction.
newageofpower

Post by newageofpower »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Posted a big AI update with subversion .06 including AI making new Zones

Should also be faster again.

best wishes,
Vic
Vic, I've posted about this before but incase you didn't see it PLEASE have Scrap Stratagem decrease or at least stop affecting spawn weight, because right now I'm stuffed to the gills with "Recruit Mercenary" and "Recruit Junior"

EDIT: Or at least give us a "scrap all identical cards" button?
Nagabaron

Post by Nagabaron »

Love the beta's, amazing to see consistent quality thanks again!

Is there an official statement on overhaul modding for the community? I've heard snippets and opinions but nothing definitive.

I'm working on an overhaul mod and am curious how much I should invest into it.
Vic

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.07 (last update 8 feb!)

Post by Vic »

Little excitement for this subversion :)

Just a small update, fixing some minor glitches.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
TimeAndTactics

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.07 (last update 8 feb!)

Post by TimeAndTactics »

Thanks Vic for all the updates!
Vic

Post by Vic »

v1.08 posted!

Quite crunchy new features added. Morgana Class Planets... Hydra Class Planets and new Minor Regimes (Alien natives).

best wishes,
Vic
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

-Added Minor Alien Regimes functionality for more variety. Native Aliens can now evolve during the Planet Biosphere phase, they’ll impact colonization and the aftermath of the Dissolution war as well. 5 Different types are present (like Cephaloids, Reptiloids) and they can use local wildlife as ‘cavalry’ as well. They’ll form their own Minor Regimes and a special kind of diplomacy will be allowed with the Xeno Diplomat Stratagem. They’ll also can contact you themselves, like other Minors.

That is very cool.
Clux

Post by Clux »

The new features seems very cool. Time to start a new game to test them [:D]
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

Vic, great to see new planet types!

For the future patches, it would be great to see a type (or a feature) for highly-colonized planets. I always end up spending 30-45 minutes in re-rolling planets to get at least 1B population (for ruins and archaeology); if it was a type it would have been extremely convenient!

thank you
redrum68

Post by redrum68 »

Going a bit further, it would be nice to be able to specify some sort of target preferences for different planet settings to minimize having to do so many re-rolls. Things like population, vegetation, animal life, water, mountains would be great to have preference bars to weight how much you'd like.
Elver

Post by Elver »

Super nit-picky, but... could we get the planet classes re-organized? Having dead, barren planetoids and moons before some of the full-sized, lively, wet planets just lookss really weird.
scottrossi

Post by scottrossi »

Wow, this is fantastic work Vic! Thank you so much for this. This game is really coming along. I am loving the new xeno minor regimes. So far, playing with them is great. I just did want to echo Elver's minor ask to reorder the planets just purely for prettiness. Thanks again!
Tchey

Post by Tchey »

ORIGINAL: redrum68

Going a bit further, it would be nice to be able to specify some sort of target preferences for different planet settings to minimize having to do so many re-rolls. Things like population, vegetation, animal life, water, mountains would be great to have preference bars to weight how much you'd like.

That would be nice, more control over game generation. Asked since release, one day maybe ! I guess it’s not a small task to add GUI and player-controled sliders.
* Jeux1d100 ? Le blog Jeux1d100.net sur les jeux indécents et Linux, et la chaîne YouTube *
Vic

Post by Vic »

bump! 1.08.03 posted!
Akrakorn

Post by Akrakorn »

Thank you very much for hearing our feedback, Vic! These changes look really good, I can't wait to test them out.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Testing is very much appreciated. :)

Return to “Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta”