[Logged] AllSub detected subsurface

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

morphin

[Logged] AllSub detected subsurface

Post by morphin »

Hi
I was playing Frozen Seas remastered 2022 REMASTERED and suddenly i detect all enemy subs because they appear as surfaced and are detected by radar. All subs are assigned the same sea control mission.
It is a pitty because now it is easy to hunt the subs.
I don't know why this happens.
When does sub automatic surfaced? The subs are not diesel subs...

I'm on the latest beta patch 16
Attachments
Logs.zip
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
morphin

RE: AllSub detected subsurface

Post by morphin »

Here are the save games.
No 2 all subs are below 95ft

No 3 one sub is already at 17ft and No 4 6 of 8 are above 95ft

Very Strange. Some explanations?
Attachments
Scenarios.zip
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Where did find that scenario? I can't find it.
morphin

Post by morphin »

Steam Frozen Seas 2022 *REMASTERED* from warhero101
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

So my suggestion is get in touch with the author directly or if you got from the mod thread, post it there. I think this is an issue with the mission maybe and the author might be able to sort it. Not saying its not a deeper game issue. Not being defensive. But that's where I'd start.
morphin

Post by morphin »

Thank's. It is only a simple sea control mission without LUA scripts and without altitude settings and any special events

All Subs have same mission and all subs have -127 ft set

morphin

Post by morphin »

I can imagine that in sea control mission subs are going to surface to look around? But that is actually quite stupid, isn't it?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just built a test scenario with an LA-class sub on a Sea Control mission. The sub was at 5 knots and -131 ft. Added it to the mission and it stayed between -131 and -300 ft. the entire 60 minutes I watched it. I left the mission speeds and depth as undefined. The sub only changed if I did a manual override.

I did notice that if I never put the sub on a mission and started the scenario with no orders, it went to periscope depth and waited. But as soon as I put it on a mission, it went to -131 ft right away.

So my guess is there's something going on with that specific scenario and the missions. This was with 1147.16.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

After playing around with the saves, it looks like there is a bathymetric anomaly in the specific area that makes the ceiling of the layer rise then sink. Once the subs are over that spot, they are OK. That's all I can think of. Because as soon as I hit start in both saves, the subs in each save immediately go to depth.

WHat I mean is that when I open your save #2, the sub is at -17 ft. As soon as I hit start, it drops to -131 ft. and stays there for the 90 minutes I watched it. At that point, none of the other subs have any issues that I can see.

Here is the start of the save you sent...

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (142.77 KiB) Viewed 379 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Here is the pic several minutes in. I ran it 90 more game time minutes and nothing happened to the depth.

Attachments
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (149.89 KiB) Viewed 379 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

On you other saves, when I load them, I have the following:

#3 - A PLZ-705K (Lira) is at -17 ft., which I think is surfaced. As soon as I hit start, it drops to -131 ft.
#4 - Two PLA-971 Akula 1 (Shchuka-B) ar around -45 ft., one PLZ-705K (Lira) is at 55 ft., and one PLARB-955A (Borey II) is at 27 ft. In all, When I hit start, they all head to lower depths and stay there for the hour I watched them.

The only thing I can think of is they are hitting some kind of weird bathymetric data at those points. But they are only on it for a second from what I can see. So I don't think its the mission. The only other thing I can guess at is there is something going on with the save that is resetting the subs.
WSBot

Post by WSBot »

Return to “Tech Support”