National Training Center (NTC) Scenarios

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
MOS96B2P

National Training Center (NTC) Scenarios

Post by MOS96B2P »

I don't own this game (but I noticed its on sale).

I've seen several references to NTC maps being included however I've not found any u-tube videos or AARs with NTC terrain. Are NTC scenarios included with the game?

Also is there a turn replay feature? My attention is over on the right flank and I notice I have some burning tanks over on the left flank. Can I rewind the last turn/minute (whatever the game uses) and watch the action on the left flank to figure out what happened.
OldSarge

RE: National Training Center (NTC) Scenarios

Post by OldSarge »

There is a map of the Ft Irwin/NTC area. There aren't any included scenarios that use the map, but you can easily generate your own battles and campaigns.

There isn't a replay function similar to CM, though I do agree it'd be nice to have.

Attachments
NTC.jpg
NTC.jpg (72.48 KiB) Viewed 529 times
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
MOS96B2P

Post by MOS96B2P »

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

There is a map of the Ft Irwin/NTC area. There aren't any included scenarios that use the map, but you can easily generate your own battles and campaigns.

There isn't a replay function similar to CM, though I do agree it'd be nice to have.

Thanks for the response. I bought the game, read the manual, and loaded an approximately 15 Km by 15 Km map of the NTC. I have my US forces assembled about 5 Km southeast of Brown Pass. I'm about to cross the LD headed for objectives up around Crash Hill. My plan is to go through Debnam Pass unless recon reports change things. The OpFor will probably shred my forces just like in RL. [:)]
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Outstanding! I just looked at that section on the map and there are some interesting LOS/LOF situations that provide for useful observation/fire positions.

Have fun! [8D]
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
22sec

Post by 22sec »

ORIGINAL: MOS96B2P

Thanks for the response. I bought the game, read the manual, and loaded an approximately 15 Km by 15 Km map of the NTC. I have my US forces assembled about 5 Km southeast of Brown Pass. I'm about to cross the LD headed for objectives up around Crash Hill. My plan is to go through Debnam Pass unless recon reports change things. The OpFor will probably shred my forces just like in RL. [:)]

Let us know how you fare.
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
MOS96B2P

Post by MOS96B2P »

ORIGINAL: 22sec

ORIGINAL: MOS96B2P

Let us know how you fare.

I ran into the OpFor much sooner than I expected. They were forward deployed with obstacles. I was attrited before I made it halfway to Crash Hill. I started a campaign and with lesson learned from the first battle I got a Draw in the first campaign battle.

The campaign creator that allows you to select map areas is very impressive. I've not seen anything like that before. IMO this map selection / campaign creation is a new standard. I wish/hope other games implement something similar.

Return to “Armored Brigade”