Westerley Wind, Fine NJP72 (J) vs Lowpe (A) DBB Sce 30

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RangerJoe

RE: Early Blows

Post by RangerJoe »

I see that it is very educational for you. [:D]
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

I would say he is doing better an I am as I have already lost 2 carriers and a handful of CAs
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

I would say he is doing better an I am as I have already lost 2 carriers and a handful of CAs

LOL, thanks Bif, yes still tracking okay.

Been a couple of big turns of late with the usual wins and losses. I managed to impale the Imperial guard on the 18 Brit Div in India which was me being slightly too aggressive but other theatres are tracking to plan.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. [:D]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I see that it is very educational for you. [:D]

Always is against Lowpe- his attention to detail is off the planet [:)]
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Need to start posting more as I am definitely losing the AAR Battle.[:D] I have no idea what they are posting about over there but the volume is impressive.

Anyway the last few turns has a mini success countered by a mini problem. Let's us concentrate on the success because it makes me feel better.

China- th hammer and anvil approach is working very nicely. Now the third element is forming up quickly around Changsha which contains the armour and arty elements. Lowpe appears to have too much of his combat power up North and there is no way he can react quick enough to counter what is happening now in central China. Got him ! [;)]

Attachments
Screenshot..5064127.gif
Screenshot..5064127.gif (682.5 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Still hunting down his DD raiders all over the place.

They are hurting less now that additional coverage and protection is in place but I am still deeply concerned about my AOs running around the place. I fear he may strike gold on them sooner or later.

Attachments
Screenshot..9141830.gif
Screenshot..9141830.gif (345.19 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Now my latest problem child- Southern India.

Unwisely decided to push another shock attack by the Imperial Guards which shattered the formation. The IJA will now be rolled back a few hexes with reasonably heavy losses and the IG Div will take a few months to rebuild.

Not a huge issue but I sense Lowpe is going to push his advantage here. I suspect with KB in the central pacific the British fleet will come out to play. On the screenshot you can see BBs identified and I reckon the Brit CVs are lurking out there as well.

Burma going well though- not sure how many allied units I will be able to trap though.

Attachments
Screenshot..5065041.gif
Screenshot..5065041.gif (425.7 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Scoreboard

I suspect even after about 45 turns AV is going to be a big ask. Lowpe is too good and not making enough mistakes or openings.

Still by fighting forward, you can note his heavy ground and naval losses in points which will ensure the game progressing into 45. I still have plenty of points to secure with the Phillipnes, Singapore and all of China still to go.

I want to get at least a couple of thousand points from strat bombing Australian industry as well but we will see.

Attachments
Screenshot..5065659.gif
Screenshot..5065659.gif (411.81 KiB) Viewed 247 times
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

ORIGINAL: njp72

Unwisely decided to push another shock attack by the Imperial Guards which shattered the formation. The IJA will now be rolled back a few hexes with reasonably heavy losses and the IG Div will take a few months to rebuild.

Not a huge issue but I sense Lowpe is going to push his advantage here. I suspect with KB in the central pacific the British fleet will come out to play. On the screenshot you can see BBs identified and I reckon the Brit CVs are lurking out there as well.

Burma going well though- not sure how many allied units I will be able to trap though.

This is a link that I posted over there after a certain battle:

Winged Hussars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlRJsQ7p2k

― Julia Child

njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

ORIGINAL: njp72

This is a link that I posted over there after a certain battle:

Winged Hussars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlRJsQ7p2k

That will get the blood pumping in the morning. I reckon the feathers on the back might be a bit awkward????

[:)]
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

You would get used to the feathers as they are part of the uniform. Your horses would get used to the noise. The enemy? their horses?

That armour was also supposed to stop a bullet fired from the firearms back then. If it did not stop the bullet, then it did not pass the inspection.

Read about the Polish Hussars, even when they were outnumbered, the enemy was at a disadvantage. [:D]

― Julia Child

Bif1961

Post by Bif1961 »

In my game I am about a week behind your AAR and my opponent has not progressed as far as you have but I have lost more shipping than your opponent. reading your AAR is like a possible road map that my opponent may take against me but always a good read. Thanks.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

In my game I am about a week behind your AAR and my opponent has not progressed as far as you have but I have lost more shipping than your opponent. reading your AAR is like a possible road map that my opponent may take against me but always a good read. Thanks.

Thanks Bif, most opponents won't bypass Singapore which has happened in this game. I've played long enough to be comfortable with the risks and the advantages/ disadvantages of this approach. Aside from that, the approach to China is pretty much the same for most players.
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Talking about China, below is the latest map.

The break through in the centre has worked well. It will get significantly harder once I start pushing again to the N/E over the river crossings.

Not sure how rattled he is over China but the more the better to enable me to speed things up. Still plenty of hard fighting left.

Attachments
Screenshot..56China.gif
Screenshot..56China.gif (584.14 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Burma/ India

Burma- smashing the Allies apart from the flank and from frontal attacks. Really should have had armoured units here and then there would be no escape but alas no. Survivors of the Burma Div and a couple of misc Indian units will likely make their escape into China. So be it- they will be combat ineffective for a long time.

No such joy in India where the IJA has been rolled back with the Imperial Guards Div partially destoryed (say 50%). Only round 1 in India, I will be back!

Attachments
Screenshot..3104700.gif
Screenshot..3104700.gif (574.82 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Hunting down a few thousand Australian troops who have been pushed out of Darwin.

With no aircover and already severely weakened, they should be cleaned up in the next few turns. A few .303s going cheap from this mob because they won't need them anymore.[:D]

Attachments
Screenshot..3105333.gif
Screenshot..3105333.gif (407.41 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Just chilling in Western Oz. Can't move forward without air cover and naval assets and they are simply not available at this point of time.

2 more weeks and the issue will start to be resolved one way or the other.

Attachments
Screenshot..3105656.gif
Screenshot..3105656.gif (447.5 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

Not chilling in Eastern Oz where there is heavy fighting in front of Maryborough.

I want to secure some decent air bases and inflict some more ground losses on Lowpe before I ramp up the strat bombing.

He seems to be keen to hang onto Brisbane.

Attachments
Screenshot..3110002.gif
Screenshot..3110002.gif (477.19 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

KB and some friends are cruising around in the South/ Central Pacific targeting vulnerable, isolated US naval outposts.

Just a points grab to apply more pressure and knocking out PBY bases.

Still thinking about Fiji....... KB really needs to be off the Coast of WA or in India but maybe another week or two won't hurt. Fun wiping out base forces and the occassional marine.

Attachments
Screenshot..3110354.gif
Screenshot..3110354.gif (155.88 KiB) Viewed 247 times
njp72

Post by njp72 »

US Carriers

- 1 off the East Coast of Australia trying to cause trouble.

- 2 or 3 around Hawaii and now Midway. These 2/ 3 are no doubt planning to make the standard Allied play of raiding Northern Japan while the cat is away. Plenty of naval search is up which should reveal their presence long before they are in range. Will start sending some subs over on the oft chance I get lucky and put a torp in one of them. I can't see them causing too much trouble this early but I will be ready.

- No idea where the Brits are and this does worry me.

My failure to take Wake will no doubt encourage Lowpe to head to the North east because of the gaps in air search coverage. More a problem in 43 then 42 but no doubt half of the US Marine Corps and about 2 million mines are waiting for me at Wake- yuck. [8|]

Return to “After Action Reports”