[Logged] Zone defined posture, visual ID posture and timing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BDukes

[Logged] Zone defined posture, visual ID posture and timing

Post by BDukes »

Ok load the scenario and observe. You'll notice the helo is approaching a contact to visibly ID it. The contacts posture is Unfriendly due to Zone defined posture. It ID's the contact visually which by side id causes it to be neutral for 5 seconds. Next cycle it then defines it as unfriendly once again and switches back to unfriendly (the zone assignment). Not a big deal in this scenario but a bigger deal if the postures were any posture and hostile. 5 seconds is enough to bust up OODA or engagement cycles.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments
5SecondP..eChange.zip
(298.05 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Don't call it a comeback...
Rory Noonan

RE: Zone defined posture, visual ID posture and timing

Post by Rory Noonan »

p1t1o

Post by p1t1o »

Realism? Nothing happens instantly IRL, makes sense it might impact OODA if RoE are location-dependent. Perhaps in that 5 seconds the pilot is receiving verbal confirmation.

If you wanted to imagine it that way ;)
BDukes

Post by BDukes »

ORIGINAL: p1t1o

Realism? Nothing happens instantly IRL, makes sense it might impact OODA if RoE are location-dependent. Perhaps in that 5 seconds the pilot is receiving verbal confirmation.

If you wanted to imagine it that way ;)

Hi p1

Definitely understand your good point on realism but this isn't the issue I'm reporting.

The problem is the shift of postures. So at first radar contacts are defined as unfriendly by zone. Visual contact happens and they are switched to Neutral which is the side defined posture. Then 5 seconds later they switch to unfriendly which is the zone definition. Normally I wouldn't care but 5-seconds is the increment that missiles go blind.

Without knowing the current code I think the problem could be solved by adding or having the zone defined posture check at the 5-second mark. Might be one what calcs happen at what time increment and what takes precedence kind of things.

As an aside. If you stop,save and reload the scenario at any point the contacts will be defined as neutral (side posture) until you hit start and then they're defined as unfriendly. I don't think this is worth a second bug report as it doesn't harm game play but might be a piece in information the devs might need. I've added a test file on this one. Launch. Notice posture. Start game notice posture change. Save. Reload. Observe again.

This is weird but I'm not sure of the model and gameplay impact. I'll leave that up to the devs to decide.

Hope this helps!

Attachments
PostureChange3.zip
(309.68 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BDukes

Post by BDukes »

Hi just noticed the redefinition of posture seems to happen with satellite passes as well. Run either save above.

Thank you!

Return to “Tech Support”