Removal of Placeholders from RS

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

calgar

Removal of Placeholders from RS

Post by calgar »

Hi all,

This thread here is quite interesting.

Will these placeholders be removed for SS and the functions implemented? Namely:

- FIST
- Ground Surveillance Radar
- Battlefield Illumination

Especially the artillery updates in SS (i.e. support relationships) that were discussed on the forum have not gotten much love during the stream.

Cheers
CapnDarwin

RE: Removal of Placeholders from RS

Post by CapnDarwin »

Circling back to this question.

GSRs are now working in the code. Can't go into details right now, but Arty is getting tested/debugged now after a massive code overhaul. What aspects of the FIST system are you looking for? [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
calgar

Post by calgar »

Thanks for responding!
What aspects of the FIST system are you looking for?

I take this as some sort of confirmation that there is some sort of FIST System in place [8D] I guess what's most interesting to me would be dedicated FOs/COLTs. Any Info on that?

Cheers
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The whole looker-shooter mechanic is being discussed now so there are no details we can talk about right now. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”