Suicide KI?

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

Stefan123

Suicide KI?

Post by Stefan123 »

Hi,

I started recently a new GC43 LW 1.06, now Turn 85 (11/9/43).
Tried a few GC43 before, never got over sping 44. Once in december 43 i got a "i won"Message, rest i aborted.
Im looking for the getting slowly chocked, dwindling Resources, too little to late
Experience and fight until the bitter end.

Usually i had Nordhorn,Twente,Vorden,Krefeld AF as a pillar of my defense Day/Reich.
Overstacked 3 Air Units on it, to have the numbers.Strong AA, nearly traps. Zerstörer behind. France nothing.
KI was targeting them like mad, had crazy Losses and failed to score in points.

This time i located my units more north, towards Bremen, and dispersed them. My hope was father back, more disp.
AF are lesser tempting Targets, AI bomb more other Targets and score better.
In italy i placed LW behind Gothic Line, same reason.

Since 85 days now he is launching non stop attacks on my Airfields with everything he got. Fighter sweeps, caps over AF,
Fighter bomber, meds and Heavys.NI.
Italy he has relocated from Foggia Area (last Games) to Sardinia and attacks Af more then before.

4E Raids hvy losses or turning back (reich), multiple 2E Formations seized to exist mid air in Italy.
Fighters losses the same. He fed me over 1k P39 in Italy until now.

A few mandatory Targets, steel,alum.Steel,Power i can cound on 1 Hand, he is busy suciding on my AF.

The score is :
AS- 1
I-DMG 2
Terror 13
I let other then AF target Raids in the Ruhr area now alone... but i think its too late and to few non AF raids.

What kind of nonsense i this and how to stop it? how are others dealing with this?
Can you turn this score thing off/ Modd it?

Stefan

simovitch

RE: Suicide KI?

Post by simovitch »

One big difference from the original Matrix releases is now the AI will select different strategies for each game. Some of those strategies are better than others.

Getting past the June-July 1944 sudden death is tough for the allies but once they do it's nearly impossible to stop.
simovitch

Stefan123

Post by Stefan123 »

Hi,

Since Jears now i start new GC43`s, there is a constant, most of his Effort/Raids are on Airfields (where the Player Units are), and every time he is on the way to loose by score.
He has crazy losses, archeives close to noting, replaces and repeats. day in day out.
The rare Raids on something close to usefull, like supply lines Italy (ground troops) are halfassed and uneffective/wrong railjards.
Undeffended und close Industry in france he largly ignores.
The "strategys" and the needed score dont match up.

Im not trying to be disrespectfull or a dick, im running out of ideas how to prevent the AI from Autoloss.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

This is great feedback and I think I found what is happening. The AI will put emphasis on primary airfields until 1944, probably based on historical doctrine. From what you are saying if they do that they are not helping themselves to win so I made some tweaks and testing it out.
simovitch

Stefan123

Post by Stefan123 »

Yes they ensure theyre early loss.

I want to stress that that this attacks seems to be the hole focus, Reich and Italy.

They are so frequent and insane in Nature, my fighters cant regain morale fast enough (i rotate them)
Notice that im defending only reich and italy, i use all co axis units to support in this.

He attacks AF no matter what, undefended with a lonley 4str stab or Overstacked with 3 units and a flaktrap with layerd cap the same.
He make deppish raids for that, when you retreat your AF. And you are forced to react, you want it or not, because of the Pilot loss on ground mechanic.

He has insane losses, some Raids get wiped out mid air (Meds) no one return home. He replaces it and return a few days and does exacty the same.
In Italy he fed me alone 1000 P38H/J alone with this crap. i got Aces all over the place, ZG are cracks with 99 Morale and 25+ Kill Aces.

And i pulled back my LW even fahrther this camp from day1 , Reich close to Bremen, Italy Florence.

anthonykevinluke

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Hi All,

Have loaded the latest hotfix/patch 1.06.14 and playing as the Axis I am seeing the same suicidal AI. The first three turns were the best AI moves I've seen in 19 years of playing this game (19 years! playing on and off due to the poor AI as it usually loses around Dec 43 or Jan 44 due to poor score), the AI hit Aircraft factories and components in Holland and Belgium the then hit all the factories around Paris - excellent moves as like most Axis players I abandon France and pull back to a line west of Hamburg running down the Ruhr and Fankfurt. However since then, the last 8 turns, the AI has not attacked anything but Airfields! the Whole 8th AF and all the mediums hit airfields usually out of reach of fighter cover and get - A. massacred, and B. no score. I don't know the fix but if possible airfields should be removed from the tgt list for mediums and heavies to prevent this idiotic behaviour. As well I wish I could remove the score for ending the game as the AI in the 43 Long Campaign seems to have no chance of ever getting past Feb 44. Happy to give more info if required but the AI is not working for a score at all; AI Typhoons should be hitting the ports railroads and small industries in France and low countries -great way to get scoring points. For your consideration.

Cheers,

AKL
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

The Allied AI should not be able to lose before turn 217, more likely 310, as RAF BC keeps the terror score ticking over.
A score of 12 alone keeps you playing until turn 186.
If you check the start of the '44 campaign you see the score is 2/4/9, hardly inspiring.
I agree that the AI has upped its game with the initial moves and efforts are being put into getting the AI to be less suicidal. There are a lot less 'Schwienfurt' type missions taking place now.
Historically the 1st incursion against German targets by the B-17/24 after 1st Schwienfurt was 6th Sept to Stuttgart and bad weather totally disrupted this attack. The next attack was on 27th September to Emden. Until then numerous raids were launched against Axis airfields in France and the low countries, some v-sites and industries by those same bombers.
anthonykevinluke

Hi Mark and others,

Acknowledge your points, no issues; but with the current hotfix the AI (allied) is only attacking airfields from turn 3 or four onwards. I am at the 28th Aug 43 in a new game, 10 turns in (with v1.06.14), and every allied attack from twin 2e and 4e bombers is attacking airfields, no industry targets at all. This applies to both the European and Italian fronts (I know the Italian theatre is under the targeting restrictions at this time and until Oct 43, but at least they used to hit railroads and ports ... not anymore, just airfields). May have to go back to prior the hotfix and see if it is only due to the hotfix. Will awit further info before playing any further as this creates a real lack of interest :(

Cheers,

AKL

anthonykevinluke

Hi Mark and others,

Acknowledge your points, no issues; but with the current hotfix the AI (allied) is only attacking airfields from turn 3 or four onwards. I am at the 28th Aug 43 in a new game, 10 turns in (with v1.06.14), and every allied attack from twin 2e and 4e bombers is attacking airfields, no industry targets at all. This applies to both the European and Italian fronts (I know the Italian theatre is under the targeting restrictions at this time and until Oct 43, but at least they used to hit railroads and ports ... not anymore, just airfields). May have to go back to prior the hotfix and see if it is only due to the hotfix. Will awit further info before playing any further as this creates a real lack of interest :(

Cheers,

AKL

mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

In my current game the 1st attack into Germany by 8th AF was turn 12 and RAF on Berlin turn 13. XVth AF becomes active on 1st Nov. I have plenty of railheads hit, ports as well. Persevere for a little....
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Will awit further info before playing any further as this creates a real lack of interest :(

No please keep playing. The dev team is currently playing 1.06.21 that has numerous tweaks in it. We get our information from playing the game, BUT we still need input from anybody who plays the game. Some of the issues we are already aware of, but you could find something we may have missed. So keep playing and bring ANYTHING that doesn't seem right, to our attention. Thanks.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
anthonykevinluke

Thanks for the feedback and WILCO on keep playing. I gave you some other details in the other post I raised. I would love to have an option for the game not to auto end if the allies score falls behind or an option to make it one point per month rather than 2. Again, many thanks for keeping this gem of a game alive and going; I will continue to provide feedback (see my other post to you as it notes some real improvements as well as a few issues).

Regards,

AKL
anthonykevinluke

Mark Dolby,

Good Morning and thank you for the feedback. I will persevere and see what happens, and post info here to hopefully assist in the good work that the Devs are doing. Just out of interest in the game you noted above was the AI only hitting airfields after turn three until you said they hit German industry again in T12?

Cheers,

AKL
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

Hi AKL.
No, the bombers also hit radar. I won't say for certain that the bombers will try on turn 12, just that is what happened in my game. At the start of each new game the AI selects one strategy from a pre set list. I think it might be about 8 different strategies so that players should experience different game styles.
Mark.
anthonykevinluke

Just some info, Date 01 Sep 43, Playing Axis vs AI; Allied losses - 1,692 acft (639 are B17F), Axis Losses - 465 acft.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”