Trojan???

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

BeirutDude

Trojan???

Post by BeirutDude »

So for some reason my antivirus between last night and this morning has decided that the matrix games site has a Trojan On it and will not let me enter the site from any browser! Any thoughts on what changed on the site between yesterday and today (Dec 22nd) to cause this? Logged on from my tablet!
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
TulliusDetritus

RE: Trojan???

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Sounds like your antivirus is the trojan itself or was hijacked by some trojan [:D] I have one of the best av (Kaspersky) and no problem with this site.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
jack54

Post by jack54 »

I had the same thing happen but with the Slitherine site. I ran a McAfee Scan nothing, then Malware Bits (which is free) and it didn't find anything, then tried Hitman Pro (Free trial) and it found a Browser trojan (highjacker).

I'm not saying one anti-malware is better; seems hit or miss depending on the malware and I got lucky with one of them.

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

There's no trojan on our site as far as I can tell, but I'd be considered that you may have picked something up elsewhere or your anti-virus is just being hyper-aggressive and getting a false positive.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

In my case the trojan was from a file sharing utility I downloaded; if I tried go to Slitherine it was redirecting my browser to a malicious site setting off the AV warning, I have no idea why it didn't happen with all sites as Matrix was fine.
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Always have another anti-virus and anti-malware program available. Better would be, if you are using Windows, to boot from a flash drive with some flavor of Linux with the software on that. Even better would be a disk with those programs as that would be a little difficult to overwrite.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

I am having the same problem. Never happened before in all my years on Matrix. Malwarebytes blocking access to Matrix.
Jack
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Likely triggered by an update to the software.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just to follow up on this, I asked our admin to check this out. There is no indication of any problem on our side and multiple other similar tools report no issues. This seems to be just a false positive for MalwareBytes and we have reported it to them as a bug for them to resolve.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”