done testing - deployment soon

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

sarjen

done testing - deployment soon

Post by sarjen »

So i found a nice scenario in a SITREP magazine from the Harpoon guys. It is nothing special but i like the setting. Give it please a try.

Updated scenario zip in this post.

Scenario for Harpoon the Wargame, Taken from SITREP Issue #55 October 2018

original by Chris Carlson, adapted for Command by sarjen
Date: 14 June 2015, 04:30:00 1 hour to dawn
Playable Side: IRIN or RSNF
Duration: 24 Hours

Islamic Republic of Iran Navy (IRIN) vs. Royal Saudi Naval Forces (RSNF)

Ansar Allah (Houthi) are under extreme pressure from the Saudi-Hadi forces laying siege to the port of Al Hudaydah (Hoedeidah). Iran is trying to get a convoy to the port while Saudi Arabia is trying to sink the merchants.

The Gulf of Aden is used by 50 - 60 ships a day. Although the two opponents are not within sight of land, they will be surrounded by “white” contacts - neutrals who are at best a distraction, and could possibly be the target of a tragic case of mistaken identity. The Iranians will be doing their best to mimic the merchant traffic - formation steaming is not recommended. This is not difficult for the merchant ships, but the warships must stay close enough to their charges to protect them and support each other while not appearing to do so. The Saudis’ task is to sort though the mass of shipping quickly and accurately. Visual IDs before engagement and a clear line of fire are vital, and for antiship cruise missile attacks, the bearing should be clear behind the target.

Attachments
Yemen Convoy.zip
(243.05 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
sarjen

RE: Yemen Convoy

Post by sarjen »

More tweaking and bug fixing. Playable from both sides.
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

I tried and I liked it a lot. Great conversione work with CMO improvements over Sitrep scenario.
Maybe you can do a variant with a more limited number of modern Saudi ships, like the Al Riyaadh class.

Thanks

Francesco
stww2

Post by stww2 »

That was a fun little scenario. One suggestion: since the (Saudi) briefing indicates that the Iranian warships are not to be targeted unless absolutely necessary, perhaps it might make sense to subtract, rather than add, points for sinking Iranian warships. That way, the player can still sink them if they want to have an easier time of it, but will have to be more careful and restrained if they want the highest possible score. Another suggestion is to add more merchant traffic around the convoy in order to put more restrictions on the player's use of ASMs. In its current iteration, I think it might be just a bit too easy for the player (as the Saudis) to launch a helicopter, identity the convoy, confirm some of the ship types (although probably not the exact class), and then the destroy the entire force with an ASM barrage.

Good work, though, and I very much enjoyed the scenario. Thanks!
giantsquid

Post by giantsquid »

I agree with Stww2. Good ideas. I played with the iranian so far, to have a different challange

Thanks

F
sarjen

Post by sarjen »

Many thanks for your insights. I was some time away from a private computer. I will consider your feedback for the next iteration.
sarjen

Post by sarjen »

Updated the points for win and loss with feedback in mind. Updated file in first post.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”