WIR 3.3 41 Scen Startup Problem

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
allor

WIR 3.3 41 Scen Startup Problem

Post by allor »

Can anyone tell me how to start a v3.3 41 PBEM scenario. Everytime I try and start one it does not ask me for the Axis password (I am playing as the germans). And when I end the first turn it takes me into the soviet turn. What am I doing wrong? I have started and played 3.2 PBEM games before and thought 3.3 would be the same way. Thanks in advance for any help.

Glenn
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

Unfortunatly the v3.3 '41 PBEM selection does not work - it just goes to the '41 hotseat version. So either use 3.2 or make sure you play like gentlemen and don't look when you are saving the end of yer turn after combat! I also noticed that in the game the SOV REVIEW doesn't work - both sides have to use AXIS REVIEW to get the results of yer opponents turn.
allor

Post by allor »

Flanker

Thanks for the response. I did get it to work by using the obwir file from 3.2 (dated 9/28/2001 6:24am). Not sure what kind of impact this will have on the game but hoping it will flow ok.

Glenn
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

The 3.3 PBEM will work. Just load the obwir file with editwir and safe it back to disk without any changes. Then it will work as it should :)

There are some threads dedicated to this problem in the forum. Search for them if it's not clear what to do.
allor

Post by allor »

thanks for the info brutus
that worked.
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

Wow - I thought I read every post and I don't remember seeing that neat little trick! Perhaps I'll recheck them out for instructions.
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

Just so you don't have to search, I found it on page 3 of the posts.

- go into your WiR directory
- start EDITWIR
- press 'L' for load data
- type 'X' for entire scen file
- type 'OBWIR' <enter>
- type 'S' to store data
- type 'X' for entire scen file
- type 'OBWIR' <enter>

And yer done! worked great for me! Note the caps above are for clarity - editwir doesn't like caps. Wow - I learn something new every day! Too bad I didn't do this before, as I'm in the middle of my 3rd PBEM game using 'gentleman's rules' - no peeking!

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”