Post by Teufeldk »

We have not made a complete list, but the main things are:
- More proficiency to the Germans
- Less proficiency to the first Russian mech corps
- Less proficiency to Russian tank regiments
- More german squads in the starting replacement pool
- Fix german forts in Norway that did not fire at ships
- More AT to som planes
- German Barbarossa Offensive Chits are now removed at turn 26.
- Reduced range to Sevastopol Class BBs
- Placed fort in Rumania that historically was built later to give the Rumanian fleet protection
- Placed fort at Kirkenes that historically was built later (the starting fort was out ranged by the Russian Arctic Fleet
- Added 4 auto rail repair to the Germans
- +4 supply range to the germans
- +2 supply range to the Russians
- and possible more that I am forgetting atm.
Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

RE: FITE 2

Post by Teufeldk »

We have found 2 errors in the current version of the scenario:

1: The Russians do NOT loose production if their factories are destroyed (as they should)
2: Supply in Kronsstad is NOT removed when Novaya Ladoga falls (as it should).

We will post a new version at some point, but it won't be for some time I think (not until 2021 at least). We are currently using all our time actually playing the game :)

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Regards
Kristian

FaneFlugt

Post by FaneFlugt »

Hej Teufeldk

I am playing Ver 1.9 at the moment.
I am getting some weird icons on my Russian planes, the ones that havent been destroyed [:D]

My high altitude bombers are always marked as fighter bombers and sometimes the german players claims they show up as JET bombers on his screen.

Could it be a bug with the Eq. file or am I just a dork that has put the wrong file in the wrong place.

Anyways great scenario and lots of fun.

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

The name of the Icon type in Order of Battle can be Jet Bomber - that cant be changed as far as I know.

The actual icons should not be jets.

It should be controlled by the CounterUnits.png file in the FITE2 folder in the graphics override folder.
Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

Like this

Attachments
CounterUnits.jpg
CounterUnits.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Regards
Kristian

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

I believe you can change the name (but not the function) in the strings xml file for TOAW.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
FaneFlugt

Post by FaneFlugt »

You are correct it only shows as a jet bomber in the OOB.

What I meant was that tactical bombers are always described as fighter bombers as in the picture.
Its not a big thing, you just have to learn all the different russian planes by heart to get an idea of their role.

Unless there is some connection between fighter - fighter bomber - high altitude bomber in the air combat calculations? - riddles in the dark.

Attachments
Ikkenavngivet.jpg
Ikkenavngivet.jpg (593.47 KiB) Viewed 197 times

FaneFlugt

Post by FaneFlugt »

ORIGINAL: Zovs

I believe you can change the name (but not the function) in the strings xml file for TOAW.

Thats beyond my capabilities, I struggle to log on to the forum[:D]

Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

ORIGINAL: Teufeldk

1: The Russians do NOT loose production if their factories are destroyed (as they should)

We will post a new version at some point, but it won't be for some time I think (not until 2021 at least). We are currently using all our time actually playing the game :)

Hello Sir, thank you for this fine scenario. Was wondering, the NKVD RR divisions, some of their units contain inventory an armored train. At least some of those NKVD RR units can move at will throughout non-rail terrain. Is this intentional? In our current game we have just made house rule to be careful and keep NKVD RR division unit chit that has the armored train to keep him on RR. We made some exception to such unit if its train is destroyed, but was wondering about them. I posted about this in another thread, I think it is in our Team Game thread. Thank you again! Love the sceneario!
Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

ORIGINAL: gliz2

Just wanted to add last thing.

In order to get historical results one would have to include the crucial factors:
1. Hitler's and Stalin's impact on command (not retreating possible, constant changes of objectives etc.).
2. Randomize as much as possible events. So maybe no Land-Lease which actually was the thing that saved Soviets in 1942/43. Maybe Finland not joining Axis.
3. Randomize logistics. That the things went as they did was related to the circumstances. The further you go down the road the less sense it have to have historically actual units. It can be any generic unit being deployed at a generic event.

If you wish to have flavor of the three mentioned here, join our team game (thread is in Team Game AAR).

Play some or as much (or little) as you like as a Field Commander. We've got three FC so far plus myself and Chet .

It is a blast, and despite our meddling, we have a very historical like game going despite ourselves.

All are welcome. Have a great day!
Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

ORIGINAL: FaneFlugt

What I meant was that tactical bombers are always described as fighter bombers as in the picture.
Its not a big thing, you just have to learn all the different russian planes by heart to get an idea of their role.

Unless there is some connection between fighter - fighter bomber - high altitude bomber in the air combat calculations? - riddles in the dark.

Oh, I get it now.

I am unsure if that can be changed - I did not make the equipment - but I have a feeling it cannot.

But I will ask Søren
Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith

Hello Sir, thank you for this fine scenario. Was wondering, the NKVD RR divisions, some of their units contain inventory an armored train. At least some of those NKVD RR units can move at will throughout non-rail terrain. Is this intentional? In our current game we have just made house rule to be careful and keep NKVD RR division unit chit that has the armored train to keep him on RR. We made some exception to such unit if its train is destroyed, but was wondering about them. I posted about this in another thread, I think it is in our Team Game thread. Thank you again! Love the sceneario!

Yes, they are intended to be able to move on all hexes, not just rail hexes.
Regards
Kristian

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

If it is an equipment item then yes you can change the silhouette in the editor.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
FaneFlugt

Post by FaneFlugt »

Oh, I get it now.

I am unsure if that can be changed - I did not make the equipment - but I have a feeling it cannot.

But I will ask Søren

If it is an equipment item then yes you can change the silhouette in the editor.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis [:)]

Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Oh, I get it now.

But I will ask Søren

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis [:)]

Note sure what the last bit about " Thesis, antithesis, synthesis [:)] " means exactly, but here is a screen shot of a simple edit to change all the Russian bombers in this scenario to use the correct image. Not sure why they did not use the correct one however.

FaneFlugt

Post by FaneFlugt »

Note sure what the last bit about " Thesis, antithesis, synthesis [:)] " means exactly, but here is a screen shot of a simple edit to change all the Russian bombers in this scenario to use the correct image. Not sure why they did not use the correct one however.

Changing that would make it easier to manage the airforce. Just throwing it out there, in case anyone have the skills.

Do you have any opinion on the term "fighter bomber". All russian planes are called that in the scenario. Does it make a difference?

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

I dont know if it makes a difference.

I have always assumed that it did not matter for any calculations in the game.
But then again most calculations in the game are a bit of a black box to me :)
Regards
Kristian

Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith

Yes, they are intended to be able to move on all hexes, not just rail hexes.

Thank you for the clarification! We looked at films of Russian armored train in action in WWII, and determined that for our game we'd house rule for those units with the train must stay on rail. Of course, is cool that those monsters can be hefted on the shoulders of Glorious Soviet Strong Man and carried through forest.

After all, in Russia, TRAIN ride YOU!! Thanks again for the clarification, we love this scene!

Have a great day!
Hellen_slith

Post by Hellen_slith »

A chap and I are playing ver 1.9 and we are on turn 17 now. I (as Soviets) have noticed that I am getting ZERO combat support during his turns of ground attack. At first I chalked it up to well, not enough air for Soviets etc. Now on turn 17, I've got PLENTY of air units in range, full of gas, ready to go help defend against those Nazis, set to CS, all systems go that I can tell. Germans turn 16, he did 76 various ground attacks, and.....NOTHING. Not ONE unit went wheels up to offer even 1/2 CS for ground troops. NIL. NADA. I checked every attack that he did.

I can't be failing 100% comm checks, can I? If so, something is amiss. Something seems definitely amiss with this. Any clue what I am doing wrong, or what might be happening? Arty supports just fine. I am not doing anything differently from my games in FitE1 or the other versions of FitE2. It is only occurring in FitE2 v1.9

I have NEVER seen a scenario function where my air CS units simply do not assist. Ideas about what might be happening? Thanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”