Command wins the Charles S. Roberts 2019 award in the category “Best Modern Era Computer Wargame"

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kevinkins

RE: Command wins the Charles S. Roberts 2019 award in the category “Best Modern Era Computer Wargame"

Post by kevinkins »

Hey. Congrats. Well deserved. At what time point is CMO mentioned in the video link? Been skipping around the 2 hour youtube and can't seem to find it.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
mikkey

RE: Command wins the Charles S. Roberts 2019 award in the category “Best Modern Era Computer Wargame"

Post by mikkey »

Congrats guys, you deserve it!
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

ORIGINAL: kevinkins
Hey. Congrats. Well deserved. At what time point is CMO mentioned in the video link? Been skipping around the 2 hour youtube and can't seem to find it.

Kevin
Kevin, 35:30 starting category with CMO
Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Congratulations guys. Well done!
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Some well earned recognition. Congratulations!

-C
Grackle

Post by Grackle »

Congratulations. Very well-deserved.

Mark
System Specs: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 960@3.20 GHZ; 12 GB RAM, AMD RADEON 6800 Series video card, Primary resolution 1920 X 1080, Direct X10
stww2

Post by stww2 »

Congratulations!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Don't spend the award money foolishly.
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

Could someone please elaborate...
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
KnightHawk75

Post by KnightHawk75 »

Congratulations.

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

Could someone please elaborate...

CMO wins an award for best war game, there is no direct prize money, thewood1 jokes about spending the non-existent prize money. [:)]
boogabooga

Post by boogabooga »

I mean, what are the Charles S. Roberts Awards, is that something others here has heard of before?

Edit:
Never mind, I Wikipedia-ed it, but for PR reasons, I think OP should elaborate a little more.
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: thewood1
Don't spend the award money foolishly.

.Sirius

Post by .Sirius »

Well done Dimitris
Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
goldfinger35

Post by goldfinger35 »

Congratulations! 100% deserved.
dox44

Post by dox44 »

Congratulations!
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks mikkey!
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Congratulations, very well deserved! I'd say its the only wargame I've played for the past two years.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
mikerohan

Post by mikerohan »

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Congratulations, very well deserved! I'd say its the only wargame I've played for the past two years.

... not the only one for me, but the one I always return to when the "others" disappoint me [:D][:D]

Congratulations!
Blast33

Post by Blast33 »

Well Done!, Cheers!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”