Help Needed on Air War

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Kamiman

Help Needed on Air War

Post by Kamiman »

I've read the posts on air doctrine but really really do not understand. If I want to do more interdiction, for example... how should I set the air doctrine. What do the values really mean, super confused. Thanks!

Also, would you recommend having 9 units in each airbase? I'm trying to group my best planes (IL-2, Yakk) in a few airbases for most impact and bomb everything.... thoughts?
Telemecus

RE: Help Needed on Air War

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Kamiman

I've read the posts on air doctrine but really really do not understand. If I want to do more interdiction, for example... how should I set the air doctrine. What do the values really mean, super confused. Thanks!

Also, would you recommend having 9 units in each airbase? I'm trying to group my best planes (IL-2, Yakk) in a few airbases for most impact and bomb everything.... thoughts?

Generally large numbers means fewer missions with more aircraft in them. Smaller numbers mean more missions with fewer aircraft in them. There are a lot of complications we have discovered in addition. But that might help as a starter.

You should not have too many airgroups in a base such that their support needs is greater than the spare support available on an airbase
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
Kamiman

RE: Help Needed on Air War

Post by Kamiman »

Thanks! and for the support when you read it says something like some number / some number (some number)... is it the first number and not having the 2nd number higher than it or?

Return to “The War Room”