Game Crash

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

GazBot

Game Crash

Post by GazBot »

Hello,

I m having issues switching between the game and a web browser with the manual open on it.

I have a laptop so need to flick between the two using the Windows Key. However the game crashes / closes when I try to switch back to the game....

Im guessing this is not an issue with the game??? Or is it my laptops simply not grunty enough to run this game and other apps in the background???

Anyone having similar issues???
supswar

RE: Game Crash

Post by supswar »

Are you running the lastest beta patch? It fixed a crashing issue on my laptop that is fairly capable.
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Ahhh yes. Its a pbem game so it back on version 4.something beta - about 2 months out of date....

Or it might just be my laptops needs an upgrade.....
Clux

Post by Clux »

ORIGINAL: GazBot

Ahhh yes. Its a pbem game so it back on version 4.something beta - about 2 months out of date....

Or it might just be my laptops needs an upgrade.....

There was an update where the logistics system was changed, if your game version its before that and you update, it will corrupt the save, and more than likely the bug than you're experiencing was fixed in the latest version/beta patch.
Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Pretty sure it was the laptop. I installed the game on to my desktop and it works fine - yuo can switch thru windows without it crashing!!!!

Just no more Shadow Empires from the lazy boy.....
mroyer

Post by mroyer »

GazBot,
Is this our game? 1.04b7? Regina v Republic of Gaz?
You been kicking my butt from a lazy boy??!?!

We could try to upgrade to the latest version if the other two players agree.
There are a LOT of fixes and upgrades.
We won't get all the new features/fixes (some fixes don't take effect without restart) but we'd get a lot... and perhaps you could return to your proper pilot's position, reclined for action.

-Mark R.
GazBot

Post by GazBot »

Ha ha yes the same Gaz!!!!

ts quite relaxing to pop the laptop on your lap and play a round of SE. Though the learning curve has been a bit step.

The positive thing about that wanton act of aggression it did highlight all the weaknesses lacking aspects of my economy and logistics!!!!

It was a bit of tough start up north as well - to bottled up and few resources.....:( and its only as the fame has gone on Ive actually figured out what I need to do!!! I think its to late Regina and Hogan have gobbled up to much of the planet!!!!

GazBot

Post by GazBot »

In terms of upgrading - If we can yes I think we should - but the latest version has so many updats Im thinking their is a big chance it stuffs the game???? Ive currently got two installs as Ive just started another MP games as well...

I dont like my workstation - think Im going to print the manual off next time Im in town so I can resort back to the lazy boy and conduct war like a real arm chair general!!!!

eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

I am not opposed to updating our game to the current beta. (or at least to 1.05)
Worse case scenario, if it breaks the current game, we can declare a winner per points & start a new one. :)

Return to “Shadow Empire”