Generating Revenue

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

jimkehn

Generating Revenue

Post by jimkehn »

I am always running a deficit. How can I generate more revenue (other than selling excess commodities which isnt always very lucrative)?
Lovenought

RE: Generating Revenue

Post by Lovenought »

In the Enforcement tree, you can get a card called Efficiency Drive. It gives you "around 200 credits per admin level". That's one extra way.

Other than that (and raising taxes), i'm not sure. TBH selling Rare Minerals has always been a printing press for me.
Appren

Post by Appren »

Rare minerals for me as well. Keep an eye on how prices fluctuate, and sell when high.
Lovenought

Post by Lovenought »

Oh yeah, that's something to remember. Every time you dump your supply of (thing that is rare on your world), you crash the market for a while. Same if you buy, it'll be way more expensive next turn. Always make sure to let things cool off. Civilian consumption will equalise the market eventually, even disregarding other states buying and selling.
jimkehn

Post by jimkehn »

OK thanks guys!! Fun game. Everything is inter-relational. I STILL Hate that a minor nation can come gobble up your territory without a DoW and you have to DoW to get it back. Guess its not that bigga deal. Are there any intrinsic maluses to declaring war? I have a couple guys who must think its fun cuz they get a +X on relationship
Appren

Post by Appren »

You should only need to declare war if there is a unit in the hex, otherwise not. Use this to march troops up to the capital of the minor (or as close as you can) before declaring war, often one-turn killing them, while ignoring the rest of their forces.
jimkehn

Post by jimkehn »

Well not always true....I just had a "friendly" minor come take a few hexes from me, and when I try to take them back (they are unoccupied) the hex turns red and when I try to move into it, it asks if I want to declare war and invade. The minoir is even a "Friends"
Appren

Post by Appren »

Are you sure you didnt let them become friends AFTER they took hexes? Maybe via an event?
jimkehn

Post by jimkehn »

Nope......10 turns or so after we became friends. This isnt the first time (or game) a minor has entered my territory and captured hexes (some fairly valuable hexes with perks) and then in order to take them back I needed to declare war.
jimkehn

Post by jimkehn »

P.S......not complaining too hard......usually its when I have no garrison on the border. When I have a garrison within even 2 hexes of border along the border that sometimes deters them.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: jimkehn

I am always running a deficit. How can I generate more revenue (other than selling excess commodities which isnt always very lucrative)?

I'm having this problem he worst thus far in the current game. Basically having a deficit of 1500cr every turn, luckily getting an efficiency drive-stratagem almost every turn as well. Looking at the cash flow I just also lowered some worker wages, which worked out well since worker happiness was high and they didn't get their hay forks out.

Now what I'm wondering is that I'm basically doing everything the same way as in previous games with the only difference (ok army might be a bit larger and fewer cities but usually I at this point get thousands of credits surplus every turn) that I'm not getting any commercial district stratagems. I mean not one. I even can't find the requirements for these. Any ideas?
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Soar_Slitherine

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

You can check under Reports -> Help -> the report that lists the strategems in the game -> faction strategems tab to see if that one has a regime feat requirement. You might also be lacking a faction with the appropriate profile preference.
Thomas8

Post by Thomas8 »

I think that 5PP cards depend on what kind of faction you have in your regime (depending on what profile they are supporting). I am mostly getting ZOO and worker right in my game right now.

PS Other way to gather extra credit is by using card 'Emergency Tax' it will transfer almost ALL private credits gathered in zone to you with bonus.
pauls2271

Post by pauls2271 »

some fairly valuable hexes with perks) and then in order to take them back I needed to declare war.

I have not seen this with Perks at all. But if you build an Asset (like a recycle center), if a minor takes that hex, even if he leaves it, you cannot take it back without declaring war.

Don't know if this is a bug or feature.

If I have a minor nearby and I build an asset near them, I now, always garrison the asset.
gmsitton

Post by gmsitton »

I've set income taxes to 30% and no sales tax, and that seems to be working out. Worker pay is 0.005 and soldier pay is 0.002. Don't try to build up too quickly as that will mean you spend more paying workers.
Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

ORIGINAL: gmsitton

Don't try to build up too quickly as that will mean you spend more paying workers.

This is a good point. If you have a lot of short-term money problems, would slowing down construction (changing it to 25% or 50%, for example) lower your worker costs? Or do the workers get full pay whether they are working 25% of the time or 100%?
Lovenought

Post by Lovenought »

Construction speed determines the number of workers working on a thing. If you have your zone set to freely fire and hire, then they will fire some workers, which will save you money. Otherwise they will still stay on your payroll, just idling but getting paid. Same with recruits, they get paid even sitting in your manpower pool.

Return to “Shadow Empire”