High Wages or Low Wages?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

HansLemurson

High Wages or Low Wages?

Post by HansLemurson »

Do you guys tend to pay your workers high wages to try to boost happiness, or low wages in order to save money?

Related questions:
Do high worker wages stimulate the private economy?
Can high taxation significantly offset the cost?
t1it

RE: High Wages or Low Wages?

Post by t1it »

You raise wages only if you must, just like in the real world. That doesn't have to be in this particular turn, could be an event incoming soon or some other things happening in the game.
So do everything to keep everyone happy without raising wages. Soldier wages, have enough for positive morale (not sure how it scales).
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

ORIGINAL: HansLemurson

Do you guys tend to pay your workers high wages to try to boost happiness, or low wages in order to save money?

both...[:)]
Foxador

Post by Foxador »

Most of the time when I look at where my money is going, the wages is barely anything since you don't really have that many people you're really paying. A wage of twenty might seem really high but you're only paying that to one person. The only time salary gets high is when you have too many people in reserve or for your troops
gmsitton

Post by gmsitton »

You want your public economy wages to be at least as high as the private economy wages. If you want population to migrate to a particular zone, bump the wages up a bit for that zone. I usually pay 5 micro-credits.

Return to “Shadow Empire”